• D07327C3-C96D-4371-A530-E3FD9A250E2F.png
    D07327C3-C96D-4371-A530-E3FD9A250E2F.png
    382.4 KB · Views: 125
  • 17624B8B-E3E3-4092-BBAA-2DB6CA88BC48.png
    17624B8B-E3E3-4092-BBAA-2DB6CA88BC48.png
    315.6 KB · Views: 107

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Sounds like this might be XXX scent (with camphor) in the Santa Maria del Fiore/Dead Sea base, perhaps? That'd be a real winner.

I havnt tried many razorocks yet as i have so much soap atm but i do have XX and stallion...I tried to get XXX but they were out of stock here

Honestly for $20 this is not the soap I’m going to buy. It’s nothing against IB and I know it’s a huge tub so the cost per ounce is low, but for the same (or lower) price I’d rather get half of the volume of a soap that performs much better.

Honestly for $20 this is not the soap I’m going to buy. It’s nothing against IB and I know it’s a huge tub so the cost per ounce is low, but for the same (or lower) price I’d rather get half of the volume of a soap that performs much better.
I probably wont either due to i have probably a decades worth of shaving soap so....but if i didnt id give it a try

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It sounds fascinating, but 8.5 ounces?!? That is cheap, but I'd be using it exclusively until I died, even if that's 20 years!

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Can you say more about how it doesn't perform? How many times have you used it? Thanks in advance.

Can you say more about how it doesn't perform? How many times have you used it? Thanks in advance.
Oh I'm not saying it doesn't perform, its not like it won't create lather or gives a horrible shave. But I've found that this formula and IB's other tallow formulas just aren't as good as lots of other producers, in terms of the quality of lather and shave that you get and especially post-shave feel. For me, I'd rather spend $15-20 on one of these other soaps that perform much better to me than get 8ounces of a soap that I won't be as pleased with. I'm sure they'll sell plenty of this, I for one am just not looking for the lowest cost per ounce nowadays (or 8 ounces of any soap really, I'd never use it up!)

Well, I ordered some. No lanolin, no shea, nothing else that my skin doesn't like, plus menthol. I went ahead and grabbed some XXX splash, too. I absolutely don't need more soap, but I like simpler formulations like this as opposed to the low-structure-great-post-shave-loaded-with-superfat-is-it-shave-butter-or-is-it-brushless-cream-use-100g-in-2-months-but-bro-dig-the-special-fat-they-used stuff.

Well, I ordered some. No lanolin, no shea, nothing else that my skin doesn't like, plus menthol. I went ahead and grabbed some XXX splash, too. I absolutely don't need more soap, but I like simpler formulations like this as opposed to the low-structure-great-post-shave-loaded-with-superfat-is-it-shave-butter-or-is-it-brushless-cream-use-100g-in-2-months-but-bro-dig-the-special-fat-they-used stuff.
Thats the way..sneak a shaves worth out of it and let us know how it goes!

had a nice first shave with RR XXX Fresco today.
everything went well. nice lather, great cologne scent, good slickness, quite ok after-shave moisture.
frankly, menthol and camphor were there but subtle to my nose.
not at all disappointed with the purchase, despite being far more soap than i'll ever use up!

oh, if anyone would like a pif sample, just pm and will be my pleasure to send in conus.

razorock xxx fresco merkur colonial floid blue november 21 2020.jpg

Last edited:
I got mine today. Hope to give it a spin tomorrow. Kind of disappointed, as hydrogenated lanolin is not listed in the ingredients on the site, but is listed on the package. I don't get along with lanolin - skin gets itchy and red - but have not used hydrogenated lanolin. It sounds as though some of the chemical structures beyond the fatty acid profile are affected by hydrogenation, so hopefully it doesn't bug my skin. I'll snurdle some out in case it does and I need to sell it. Scent is fantastic.

Good post.

Straight Razorock/tfs is awesome soap. I have stallion lined up for tomorrow.

I got mine today. Hope to give it a spin tomorrow. Kind of disappointed, as hydrogenated lanolin is not listed in the ingredients on the site, but is listed on the package. I don't get along with lanolin - skin gets itchy and red - but have not used hydrogenated lanolin. It sounds as though some of the chemical structures beyond the fatty acid profile are affected by hydrogenation, so hopefully it doesn't bug my skin. I'll snurdle some out in case it does and I need to sell it. Scent is fantastic.

if the lanolin was not listed on the site, i'm sure it was inadvertent and IB would replace or refund.
hopefully you'll tolerate however.

Top Bottom