What's new

New Razorock BC silvertip

I ordered one of these last night. Seems like the reviews are all positive and that the fiber used is crazy soft and not too springy with better splay that the Plissoft fiber. I've always been a badger man but after trying the 22mm synthetic that came with my OneBlade which I liked I decided to up the size a little. Anyone that has this brush how do you like it? and how has it compared to other synthetics you've tried?

I only have experience with this brush and my used Semogue 1470 boar brush. I like the RazoRock BC Silvertip a lot! The tips are soft, the brush applies lather smoothly, and the brush releases lather easily. I bowl lather, but I've splayed the brush sometimes when applying lather to my face and it seems to splay fine to me, but again, I'm not experienced much with brushes. It definitely isn't a floppy brush, that's for sure, and has more backbone than my used boar brush, but the backbone isn't crazy. I might prefer that the brush have less backbone, but I'm not sure now since using the brush for a while. My only real criticism that I made early on and still believe now is that the brush is handle heavy. I wish that the handle were lighter, but it's personal preference, as with other aspects. I really like this brush. It is much, much better in performance and quality than my Semogue 1470. After the initial loss of two fibers right out of the box before its first use, my RazoRock BC Silvertip hasn't lost any fibers after about 2.5 weeks of daily use.

I have the same brush and absolutely love it. It is easy to maintain, lathers well, splays well and just feels great on your face. Congratulations on your purchase!

Just got this brush a few days ago. It was on sale at italian barber for 12 dollars. It's usually 18 dollars. I love the brush. I got the razorock plissoft, plissoft monster, razorock big bruce, razorock 400, and now this silver tip plissoft synthetic. I love the acrylic handle.

PS Synthetic brushes blow badger and boar brushes put of the water

Just got this brush a few days ago. It was on sale at italian barber for 12 dollars. It's usually 18 dollars. I love the brush. I got the razorock plissoft, plissoft monster, razorock big bruce, razorock 400, and now this silver tip plissoft synthetic. I love the acrylic handle.

PS Synthetic brushes blow badger and boar brushes put of the water
How would you compare the BC to your other Plissoft brushes?

I had one and it was a good brush. Couldn't replace my well worked in boar brush and I PIF'd it to a buddy getting into wet shaving.

I think i'll grab another one for my travel set up given it dries so quickly. I still prefer my boar though

I've had one for about 2 months. I consider it to be very good. Super soft tips. Could use a touch more backbone. For 20.00 shipped, a great value. I like that I don't have to worry about it, as I do with the one Badger I own. Doesn't have the mojo, but gets the job done well.

The only other synthetic I've used was a small very heavy Chinese brush. It registered as ok.

I've got it to and find it to be one of the best synthetics. I mostly use it for bowl lathering though as it's a bit to springy for face lathering. One of the prettiest too.

One of my favorite brushes.
IMG_1829.JPG
As a matter of fact, just finished a wonderful evening shave, with this brush and RazoRock XXX soap.

I've got it to and find it to be one of the best synthetics. I mostly use it for bowl lathering though as it's a bit to springy for face lathering. One of the prettiest too.
Have you found the BC to be more or less springy as compared to other synthetic offerings?

Well it's pretty similar to Plissoft or Maggard's, but may have slightly softer tips. I'd say you can consider it Plissoft 2.0.
But if I were to compare it to a Tuxedo knot, it's definately springier. Also, the Tuxedo has backbone similar to a badger brusha and has even softer tips - it's my favourite synthetic!

Well it's pretty similar to Plissoft or Maggard's, but may have slightly softer tips. I'd say you can consider it Plissoft 2.0.
But if I were to compare it to a Tuxedo knot, it's definately springier. Also, the Tuxedo has backbone similar to a badger brusha and has even softer tips - it's my favourite synthetic!
Thanks for this comparison to the Maggards brush. I have the 24mm Maggard brush and have been wondering how it compares to the BC silvertip.

Top Bottom