What's new

New Razorock BBS models

Iridian

Cool and slimy
Can you compare BBS AS and lupo 0.72?

I am not him, but I have the Lupo DC (.95 SB and .72 OC) and the BBS AS and the BBS A. I have one BBS lost to customs and then acquired the parts, and then I ended up with both AS and A plates. I don't have the "Lupo .72" in aluminum or steel.

The BBS AS is...
1.) quite some more aggressive than the .72 OC side of the Lupo DC. So likely to be more aggressive than a .72 SB Lupo as well.
2.) while efficient, not as much as the .95 SB side of the Lupo. (I also can't help, the AS has not quite as much blade feel as the .95, but I have to be more careful with it, it seems more likely to bite)
3.) and actually I would probably prefer a .72 SB Lupo or the BBS A to the AS, for reasons stated below.

The AS is more aggressive, but not more efficient than the Lupo DC, both sides. The other thing is, it does also not compare favorably to its "A" version:

Basically, it's more aggressive than the "A" version, but not really more efficient. And one can't buff as wildly and carelessly as with the "A" version, which is extremely safe. -> the gain in aggression and blade feel of the AS was not rewarded with improved performance.

Maybe for thick beards it might be a bit better, but when it comes to achieving a BBS feeling on the skin, the AS doesn't do it better than the A plate.

If I had to keep one, I would keep the Lupo DC. Both sides are funnily quite close in effect regardless which side you use, but behave still differently with SB and higher gap and OC/higher felt exposure but smaller gap.

While I in general prefer more aggressive razors, I found the BBS "A" to be more to my liking than the "AS". If you want a BBS style head that is truly efficient, the Wunderbar looks like their twisted brother and puts every BBS plate to shame. It is listed as highly aggressive, but it is quite easy to handle. There is little "skill" involved in the Wunderbar, just use a light touch and the head does its magic.

I am not him, but I have the Lupo DC (.95 SB and .72 OC) and the BBS AS and the BBS A. I have one BBS lost to customs and then acquired the parts, and then I ended up with both AS and A plates. I don't have the "Lupo .72" in aluminum or steel.

The BBS AS is...
1.) quite some more aggressive than the .72 OC side of the Lupo DC. So likely to be more aggressive than a .72 SB Lupo as well.
2.) while efficient, not as much as the .95 SB side of the Lupo. (I also can't help, the AS has not quite as much blade feel as the .95, but I have to be more careful with it, it seems more likely to bite)
3.) and actually I would probably prefer a .72 SB Lupo or the BBS A to the AS, for reasons stated below.

The AS is more aggressive, but not more efficient than the Lupo DC, both sides. The other thing is, it does also not compare favorably to its "A" version:

Basically, it's more aggressive than the "A" version, but not really more efficient. And one can't buff as wildly and carelessly as with the "A" version, which is extremely safe. -> the gain in aggression and blade feel of the AS was not rewarded with improved performance.

Maybe for thick beards it might be a bit better, but when it comes to achieving a BBS feeling on the skin, the AS doesn't do it better than the A plate.

If I had to keep one, I would keep the Lupo DC. Both sides are funnily quite close in effect regardless which side you use, but behave still differently with SB and higher gap and OC/higher felt exposure but smaller gap.

While I in general prefer more aggressive razors, I found the BBS "A" to be more to my liking than the "AS". If you want a BBS style head that is truly efficient, the Wunderbar looks like their twisted brother and puts every BBS plate to shame. It is listed as highly aggressive, but it is quite easy to handle. There is little "skill" involved in the Wunderbar, just use a light touch and the head does its magic.

Thank you for your reply

I have WUNDERBAR and standard BBS.

WUNDERBAR has a strong sense of blade. I must use WUNDERBAR carefully to avoid the blade irritating the skin and making it red. Therefore, I sold WUNDERBAR.

BBS is much easier to use, but it is not as efficient as WUNDERBAR.

I plan to buy a Lupo or new BBS, but 95 is more aggressive than WUNDERBAR on the roazrock form, so I think I should give up 95.

Now I want to find a balance between WUNDERBAR and BBS to shave my head more easily and quickly.

Which is more suitable for me, BBS A, BBS AS or lupo72?

My native language is not English, which is edited using translation tools

First shave with my new BBS AS, GSB 5th use. Great 3 pass BBS shave, have been using a RR .84 SB for many months, .84 is a really good razor, the BBS AS is a great razor. Much less blade feel especially around the chin and above the lip, thought I must have had the wrong angle, didn't feel the blade, it was there, the most comfortable in those areas of any shave since I started DE shaving. Also the best in the neck area ever. The GSB may have a few more shaves left, Kai or Feather next, will be the real test....

If I use my Merkur Progress on setting 2.5-3, would the A or AS suit me best?

I have very thick growth, shave daily doing 4 passes...But skin is very prone to inflammation.

Note: I hated the GC84 as it was harsh on my skin.

Some other razors I like, ATT Windsor H, karve D, Yates H.

Top Bottom