What's new

New Razorock BBS models

So, I just has my first shave with the razorock bbs "as" and it was an incredible shave. this razor can cut. It's very smooth. not a ton of audible feedback imo, but it's a very smooth and very very efficient razor. I like the design of this head. it feels more comfortable and smoother than other razorock heads. the only other razors I've been using as of late are the razorock lupo (aluminum) and the razorock lupo 0.95. I feel that the bbs "as" is more efficient and smoother than both of these razors. All in all, this razor is a home run. all I can really say to sum it up is if you like very smooth razors that are very efficient and comfortable ion your face, get the "as" razor. I believe it's the more aggressive head out of all the bbs heads that were just released on italianbarber.com

very very good razor

one more thing I wanna add is this. I usually shave every 6 or 7 days and sometimes more, so I paid attention to how quickly this razor took 6 plus days of hair growth on my face off. I can say with 100% certainty that this "as" razor removed my 6 plus days of hair growth on my face much faster than either the razorock lupo .95 which is supposed to be razorock's most aggressive razor and the "as" razor felt more comfortable and smoother than the .95.

First shave(BBS aggressive step) this morning using a Voskhod blade. Extremely close with zero blade feel. You can't beat the price for this razor no matter what base plate is used.
BBS AS plate.JPG

First shave(BBS aggressive step) this morning using a Voskhod blade. Extremely close with zero blade feel. You can't beat the price for this razor no matter what base plate is used.
View attachment 1300947
Great photo! I can see the step down on the baseplate. The standard BBS shows none. Razorock has really given us another unique product. I have the OC and standard - wondering if buying one of the more aggressive options will be fun too?

Honestly due to me having a Mamba .70, I wish they had made an open comb plate for that set up, to be honest. I'm not a fan of the Mamba, but I'd try an open comb plate, I think it would improve it. I should try it again.

So, I just had my 2nd shave with my new razorock BBS AS and it was incredible to say the least. I used preshave oil this time before applying the fine snakebite soap. Just an incredible shave with no nicks this time. The BBS AS is really a smooth and very efficient head. took 7 days of growth off with no issue. for anyone looking at the new BBS heads, consider the AS. The BBS AS easily tops the other 2 razors I was using (razorock 0.95 SB and razorock lupo aluminum).

So, I just had my 2nd shave with my new razorock BBS AS and it was incredible to say the least. I used preshave oil this time before applying the fine snakebite soap. Just an incredible shave with no nicks this time. The BBS AS is really a smooth and very efficient head. took 7 days of growth off with no issue. for anyone looking at the new BBS heads, consider the AS. The BBS AS easily tops the other 2 razors I was using (razorock 0.95 SB and razorock lupo aluminum).
I too have the Lupo 95 and BBS (standard plate).

Does the BBS AS plate retain the smoothness as in the standard plate?
I mean the blade curve and clamping.

Will you please share the photos with the blade placed in the BBS AS plate and Standard if possible.

I too have the Lupo 95 and BBS (standard plate).

Does the BBS AS plate retain the smoothness as in the standard plate?
I mean the blade curve and clamping.

Will you please share the photos with the blade placed in the BBS AS plate and Standard if possible.

I never used the standard plate, but HELL YES, the BBS AS is a very very smooth razor to me. Very very efficient as well. As I said before, the AS is a very smooth razor. You will have no problem with this razor being rough.I believe all of the NEW BBS HEADS are designed the same way. all that is different I believe is that the new bbs heads are more or less aggressive depending in the plate. The BBS AS is supposed to be the most aggressive out of all of the new BBS heads, but it feels VERY VERY SMOOTH, so I don't think it will bite you despite being labeled an aggressive shaver. hope this helps.

Trying to get more uses before I come to a solid conclusion. However I find Razorocks aggression chart to be bang on!
RR razors that I own:
Mamba .53
GC .68p
GC .68 Jaws
GC .84p
Lupo .72

The BBS open comb is very smooth and fairly efficient as it takes care of a trouble area on one side of my neck. The Mamba and GC .68p cannot remove this stubble.

So far this is a fairly comfortable and smooth shaving razor that I would recommend as a great gateway into open combs.

as a caveat I am a neck shaver shaving at a steep angle (ride the bar/comb) so YMMV
IMG_20210802_143325~2.jpg

Iridian

Cool and slimy
I am late to the party, my BBS AS unfortunately got mishandled by customs, the info reads "package damaged" and despite reaching out they are taking their fair time to contact Razorock in Canada, guess they will just send it back. The content is rarely damaged, but this happens apparently now and then when EU custom is involved. Sigh.

I ordered a replacement as I have no idea how long this will take to sort out, which arrived JUST a few hours ago.

I shaved only yesterday evening, so... I could test it only on my skin, dry, just to get an impression:

1.) very similar or rather identical 35° angle, just like the original BBS and Wunderbar. No surprise there.
2.) the larger gap seems advantageous for shaving gel and also makes it easier to maintain a cutting angle, at the cost of being indeed more aggressive, but still only medium-high aggression. Which is my favorite ballpark.
3.) cutting performance seems very promising.
(4. the Razorock HD handle fits in their stainless steel stand, unlike some other Razorock handles, and is slightly less deeply knurled than the Super Knurl. In general I rather take medium to long handles, but two fingers fit nicely under the butt end and I would like to see an extended design of this make. I took it because I already had the other handles the razor was offered with.)

True to my Papa Smurf avatar, I will shave with brilliant blue shaving gel from Turkey soon. Which has a surprisingly short list of ingredients, it's basically water, glycerine, preservatives and brilliant blue food color...^^

Needless to say, I am damn happy that I finally got my BBS AS. The dark magic of shaving the night before to summon the razor next morning worked out again... :c9:

IMG_20210809_155937.jpg

Curved open comb comparison photo (quick cell phone photo)
BBS OC top, Fatip Grande middle, PAA DOC Ascension bottom.

Okay I am really liking the BBS OC. As the name implies super smooth and fairly close and efficient. The comb teeth are extremely comfortable as is the shave. Smoother and safer feeling then the Game changer .68p solid bar and closer as well. The Game changer .68 Jaws (not my 68p solid bar) and my PAA DOC Ascension are still my top open combs... However this is an extremely great razor. If you have never had an open comb you might want to try this unless you are into aggressive razors.
YMMV *steep angle shaver, shaving my neck.

Last edited:

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
A question with regard to the BBS-OC:

Are the teeth as far apart as the comb on the Hawk V3? I like OC razors but I have trouble with wide spacing. Instead of riding over skin bumps it straddles them and then there is blood. If the teeth are a bit closer I'm interested. I got rid of my V3OC Hawk, but I like the V3SB very much -- not as much as if it was a better-for-me OC, though!!

O.H.

Are the teeth as far apart as the comb on the Hawk V3? I like OC razors but I have trouble with wide spacing. Instead of riding over skin bumps it straddles them and then there is blood. If the teeth are a bit closer I'm interested. I got rid of my V3OC Hawk, but I like the V3SB very much -- not as much as if it was a better-for-me OC, though!!

O.H.

Sorry I don't know about the hawk (never used one) however I would say that the spacing would is pretty similar to the Fatip open combs and no where as wide as the Jaws lol

O.H.
Look at post number 51 in this thread. I count 14 teeth if I count both ends; or, in other words, 12 teeth in between the two wide ends. Seems like a typical number or slightly higher than typical for an open comb. They don't look widely spaced at all to me, either.

one more thing I wanna add is this. I usually shave every 6 or 7 days and sometimes more, so I paid attention to how quickly this razor took 6 plus days of hair growth on my face off. I can say with 100% certainty that this "as" razor removed my 6 plus days of hair growth on my face much faster than either the razorock lupo .95 which is supposed to be razorock's most aggressive razor and the "as" razor felt more comfortable and smoother than the .95.

Agreed. BBS-AS is definitely very smooth and more comfortable than the Lupo95 but the Lupo has the thin head that some may prefer for tight areas. I personally find the Wunderbar Slant more aggressive than the Lupo95 but they are next to each other on the scale so it's pretty much moot.

Softer blades can really change your perspective of these razors in a good way.

O.H.

I've used several open combs and I'd say the BBS-OC is the best one for comfort while remaining highly efficient. I couldn't even tell it was OC. It reminds me of Phoenix DOC razor which felt similar on the skin but in contrast was not very efficient at all.

Top Bottom