What's new

New razor suggestions...

Hello everyone!! It’s been a while since I was last on. Been using a DE razor for about ten years and the last 7 or so I have been using an Above the Tie Kronos with the M1 and M2 baseplates. Lovely razor. So lovely in fact, that I just used that razor loaded with my trusted Feather paired with my Stirling Soap without a second thought. However, just yesterday I was shaving and I was like, I use to enjoy trying new razors why not get a new one, Just kinda hit me out of the blue. So I looked around, and put myself on the list for a Wolfman WR2 with and .95 blade gap. I chose not to get the open comb though for fear of aggression. Not sure if that’s too mild but I love the M2 baseplate and I think it’s about perfect for me. My beard type is thick and wirey with lots of swirls around my neck. Skin is super sensitive like if you just try and scratch my face delicately it will still leave a very red mark. So given the above information, I have been thinking in addition to the Wolfman (if it ever gets here..) that I may try either a Timeless bronze or the new tradere once it becomes available. Thoughts on these vs the ATT M2? Did I make the right call for the Wolfman? I did the complete polish as well but I wish the website did a better job of highlighting the differences. Thanks for your time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great options!! :a29:

The only other high-end modern razor that I suggest you consider is the Wolfman WR1 which definitely killed my RAD. The 0.74 is about perfect for me as I also prefer razors in the mild/moderate range.

Thanks BigJ

What’s the difference between the WR1 and the WR2? The blade gaps are different so take it it’s the way the blades are angled that are different? Also are the extra polishing options worth it? I ordered the extra polish on all the pieces including the stand. If I am waiting that long for a razor, I figured I might as well get it maxed out. Is there a picture of the different finishes side by side? Would be nice to have a picture thread devoted to the Wolfman. I think I will go with the tradere reintroduction to satisfy my current RAD. I appreciate your kind and friendly response. Take care

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom