What's new

New razor handle and a TIG back cap

Here is a handle I made for @twhite recently. It can be used with SEs with the adapter screw I included or DEs without the adapter screw.

1619528138538.jpg
1619528157105.jpg

Here is the razor head he sent me a picture of with the handle. It's the TOMX a tribute to the FAMEX and is one of his creations.

1619528071807.jpg

And here is another TIG torch back cap I recently made.

IMG_20210425_113845748~2.jpg
IMG_20210425_113559107~2.jpg

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Hello Greg, that has some interesting paint texture you did to finish the handle. I'm curious what base metal you used?

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Hello Greg, that has some interesting paint texture you did to finish the handle. I'm curious what base metal you used?

The razor handle is 3 pieces of acrylic glued together. They have a 1/4 inch brass rod through the center the whole length that I drill and tap to accept most common DE razor heads. I also make an adapter screw that allows most SE heads including most Lather catchers heads to be attached. I turn the shape and do all the sanding and polishing on the lathe. I also added groves at the joints between the pieces and filled the grooves with brass shavings and CA glue. So no paint just the colors of the acrylics. And the brass.
Here is a picture of one of the adapter screws.

20200424_171109_HDR~2.jpg

Dang, what do you do to grind your electrodes so perfect, or is it new?

Thank you.
Hand held grinding on a wheel point down. This one is getting pretty short too. All the tungstens I've bought came unground. Grinding them point up makes me nervous even though I know it is quite common to do so. And you can see what you're doing better point up.

Thank you.
Hand held grinding on a wheel point down. This one is getting pretty short too. All the tungstens I've bought came unground. Grinding them point up makes me nervous even though I know it is quite common to do so. And you can see what you're doing better point up.

Thank you, I will try that. I'm just learning to TIG, reminds of my teens with an O2/C2H2 torch. But better control, more versatile less HAZ.

Ditto on your beautiful work!

Last edited:
Top Bottom