What's new

New razor from AliExpress arrived today.

I bought this $7.95 for the handle to use on the Yaqi DOC head and I didn't want a knurled chrome handle. The head it came with is cosmetically flawless. The handle is exactly what I wanted and alone is worth much more than what I paid. I get the feeling it's medium aggressive with the factory head. As long as it's not the Beast I can shave with it, LOL! Great razor.

Attachments

• 998_8224.JPG
    998_8224.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
  • 998_8226.JPG
    998_8226.JPG
    874.8 KB · Views: 143

Handle is about 3 1/2 inches not too heavy or light. Shave is aggressive maybe an 8. One reviewer s from Russia said it was like a Fattip Grande but smooth. You'll never buy another $30+ dollar razor again. Here's the review:

Hello to everyone, received... to nizhny novgorod for 11 days .. what can i say, the quality surprised!!! just gorgeous! immediately shaved, rapier platinum lux, 3 passes, perfect!!! and this 2 day thick bristles... the sensations when shaving are such: wears like fatip piccolo, but velvet and soft!!! I recommend very much!

These aliexpress razors are well worth their price point. I have something like 30 razors in my collection (mostly gillette) and, like you, I still use a chinese one from aliexpress every time:

I like it because it's so heavy, no pressure required.

This one is also on my bathroom counter, an as-d2 clone:

The head has a 'frosted' finish I've never seen before.

Forgot to mention, these razor heads are terrific if you're looking for something new:

Shaved with it today and it was smooth as silk. Not as aggressive as I thought. BBS and zero irritation using my special combination of Noxzema white and Stephan's. Also a 2 shave old GSB. I can't believe I paid $8 and change for this.

Last edited:
So, is it actually stainless steel as told in the description, or is it just the usual misleading Chinese faux misunderstood translation fibbing around zamak material? The picture looks like a typical zamak head, but they label it as made of stainless. Guess it really doesn't matter, since I, too am interested in the handle.

I see frequent descriptions of"solid stainless steel" on one line, then the next line of text mentions quality chrome plating. Brushes called "Badger" also incorporate 'nylon' into their descriptions. Can't trust some Chinese sellers to tell the truth if they were on fire & you had the bucket of water.

So, is it actually stainless steel as told in the description, or is it just the usual misleading Chinese faux misunderstood translation fibbing around zamak material? The picture looks like a typical zamak head, but they label it as made of stainless. Guess it really doesn't matter, since I, too am interested in the handle.

I see frequent descriptions of"solid stainless steel" on one line, then the next line of text mentions quality chrome plating. Brushes called "Badger" also incorporate 'nylon' into their descriptions. Can't trust some Chinese sellers to tell the truth if they were on fire & you had the bucket of water.
I've never seen a stainless steel head and would be shocked to see one . That being said all my Zamak heads are working out fine.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Not stainless but you'll love the handle.

This appears to be the same head as the Maggard V3A/RazoRock Mentor. Fendrihan also sells this head under a few different names, depending on the handle. Definitely a zamak head, I can't speak to the handle. I agree, the head is a good, semi-aggressive shaver.

I just looked on Aliexpress, I see cheap handles but they lie about the quality of the merchandise. For this price it's impossible that it's inox, so if it's not inox what is it ?
Scrap metal ? :huh:

Example ►

The usual zamak. What else can it be?

I wouldn't be surprised if the Chinese made razor handles out of their waste metal.
This is what I think at the moment but I could be wrong.
I think the Chinese use their metal in a not-so-much-different way than the rest of the world. The difference is made by the type of actor, not country - and the type of actor here is high volume industry, not small batch artisan craft.

Also application scope matters - pot metal used in areas where tensile strength importance is zero AND well dried after use is going to be as effective as anything else. Any eventual intrinsic, non-water related zinc rot (if any) is going to appear in 5+ decades, not tomorrow.

Then again, since wrist watches have no space in the modern world, man-jewelry mindset has to be applied now to something else, and this seems to be the decade of safety razors...

Top Bottom