What's new

New Provence Santé Thé Vert Shaving Cream

Greeting Gents,
Here are some first impressions from my shave this morning with the Provence Santé Thé Vert Shaving Cream I received from Baudelaire Soaps. Seemed to be a lighter lather, but also an extremely slick lather. Since I am using my Slantbar Feather combo, fear of feu de rasage ran through my mind as the heated steel slid down my cheeks.. Ah, no nicks, no cuts, no stuble. After my four passes and two rinses I had no burn, smooth cheeks and neck, no apparent need for any moisturizing balm. :thumbup:
My early observations on lather and slickness must result from the shea butter in the cream. Great shave, pleasant results. I am going to see what happens using it brushless with a week-old Feather tomorrow. Ah, I forgot to mention the fragrance. I really love the Provence Santé Thé Verte and this cream is no exception.:tongue_sm For travelers the tube is nice and well suited to travel, especially if you like snap-top lids.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so glad it is good stuff, Ron. I have the aftershave and cologne, and they are great. Now there is a shaving cream to complement them - excellent!

Well for the first time in my life I have used a shave cream that did not declare itself as brushless as a brushless and was actually impressed with the results. I did a two pass (N-S, S-N) with a Merkur Slantbar and a week-old Feather PtInox and got smooth cheeks and no irritation.
This Provence Santé Thé Vert is one very fine shaving cream. The secret ingredient, shea butter, really makes a phenomenal difference in the characteristics of the shave cream. Watch out 3Ts, time to innovate or become second rate..:scared:

Ron-
Do you have any pictures of the lather you attained with the Provence Sante shave cream and brush?

thanks
Drew

guenron said:
Greeting Gents,
Here are some first impressions from my shave this morning with the Provence Santé Thé Vert Shaving Cream...

Umm, so, does this mean there's a review coming, or is this just kind of an off the cuff, give a try, hey boys let's go grab a jug of beer kind of thing?

Just curious. I'm newly addicted to reviews.

Um, sorry.

Peace,

Pierre

I think Ron is waiting to use it 5 times before offering a review. With his rotation it probably comes around say every 16 months (Like a comet or some other rare occurring phenomenon), therefore the review should occurr in about 64 months from the original shave. Look for it late May or early June 2011.

boboakalfb said:
I think Ron is waiting to use it 5 times before offering a review. With his rotation it probably comes around say every 16 months (Like a comet or some other rare occurring phenomenon), therefore the review should occurr in about 64 months from the original shave. Look for it late May or early June 2011.

Geez, of course you're right. But just like comets, when they come around - WOW!

So, I'm on the edge of my seat. Maybe, if one of hjs tubs of T&T dries out unexpectedly and it shortens the rotartion, maybe, maybe, late 2010?

Gawd, I can hardly wait! :biggrin:

Peace,

Pierre

Okay all of you REVIEW FREAKS! First please note my posts were made 7 months ago... I provided what I believed to be reasonable information, adequate for all but the most timid to make a purchase or shoplifting decision.. If you have any specific questions, please ask away. :a19:

I couldn't get any kind of respectable lather with this stuff :mad: It's too bad, as it smells great. After looking more closely at the tube when I got home, it does say, "... apply a thin layer to your face..." which to me implies that it is brushless. The label says nothing about being able to use it with, or without a brush. However, there are many crams deemed brushless that do in fact work with a brush (KMF, Anthonly Logistics shave cream). In this case (my experience, at least) this is not meant to be used with a brush.

Drew

Drew, it works fine with a brush, but it is very different than working with Taylor, Trumper, etc. With so much shea butter you are going to get a very slick, light, airy lather. Play around with the water to cream ratio- the end result is worth it.

Scotto-
I believe I achieved a similar lather to which you are referring... just didn't quite do it for me. It smells great, and did moisturize pretty well, but all things considered, just was not quite on par with the other products I use. I'm glad I gave it a shot. I may give the Provence Sante shave soap a try.

Drew

Ah, interesting. (kicking up a dead thread again).

I forgot this thread when I got a sample of PS Green Tea shave cream from Scotto.

I have the same problem with generating good lather. Which is a first for me with any product I have tried. But I may be lather spoiled. I've been using only T&H Lime, Taylor St. James, and Penhaligons Endymion, all of which effortlessly generate fantastic lather. Also, since it is so easy with these, and I am in moving hell, I have been lathering directly on the face. Perhaps I will have to actually drag out a mug and give it a go.

Other than the lathering issue, the shave with the somewhat thin lather I got was actually quite decent, although I would not put it on par with the above.

The scent of the Green Tea, I love. It is extremely fresh and clean. More like Taylor Avocado than anything else. Not the same really, but very much the same idea, with very fresh clean green notes. Downside, I can't smell it once lathered. Nada. Very dissappointing. I am kind of a scent hog - I like to be enveloped in it. If that was the case with this, I'd buy it despite the lather weakness, but given the weak scent also - I'll pass.

Top Bottom