What's new

New Proraso Convert

Residue? I’ve never felt a residue on my face from any soap or cream. There’s residue in the sink when the water drains.
I always finish with a warm rinse and then cool rinse, never had any issues so I have no clue what the residue being discussed is either.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
Loyal Proraso Blue user here, have been for years.

If they labelled it as Artisan Made, small batch, uber base 2.76a, limited edition......everyone here would be talking about how great it is and signing up for purchase notifications.

It's sold at my local drug store and amazon, mass produced, readily available and no fuss....so most people dismiss it.
I totally do not dismiss it. If anything, I despise it (not really, it just sounded good). It’s not my favorite product, but I can guarantee that if it was available at my local store (let’s face it, nothing is available at my local store in Hooterville) I would definitely buy it. There’s a lot to be said for local access. I buy nearly everything online these days, but when there is something that I like and is locally available, I will probably buy a case of it.

Hooterville! 🤣 I bet Mr. Haney could set you up with some gen-u-ine Pro Razor soap made in Rome, NY. But I trust Mr. Drucker more.

I think they mean a soap scum film left on the razor after repeated use of Proraso. I've never experienced it, but I alternate soaps and razors so a film probably doesn't get a chance to form for me.

I think they mean a soap scum film left on the razor after repeated use of Proraso. I've never experienced it, but I alternate soaps and razors so a film probably doesn't get a chance to form for me.
I usually open the razor and wipe off the razor’s edge to clean any residue that might be there, and while I have it open, I wipe out the inside of the razor. This goes for any soap or cream.

I have the green and it does leave a white film/residue on the razor, but it is inconsequential and wipes off easily, if it gets into any nooks and crannies a hit with an old toothbrush and dawn. Definitely not a deal breaker for a great soap.

The first cream I ever used was the Proraso green re labeled as C.O. Bigelow. Liked it but after going through 2 tubes. I wanted to try some other creams.

To make a long story short. I came back to Proraso. 😃

Like to use the green from mid spring to early Fall and the Red mid fall through early Spring. Occasionally I get the urge and use them for a change of pace in the off season though.

The first cream I ever used was the Proraso green re labeled as C.O. Bigelow. Liked it but after going through 2 tubes. I wanted to try some other creams.

To make a long story short. I came back to Proraso. 😃

Like to use the green from mid spring to early Fall and the Red mid fall through early Spring. Occasionally I get the urge and use them for a change of pace in the off season though.
I had the urge to shave with Green this morning. It's so refreshing!

Ya the slight menthol chill with the eucalyptus is instantly refreshing for me too. Great way to start out the day.

The sandalwood red is such a great scent. Most sandalwood scents I don't like at all. But Proraso did it right. After my first shave with it. I ordered up a big bottle of the aftershave splash.

Ya the slight menthol chill with the eucalyptus is instantly refreshing for me too. Great way to start out the day.

The sandalwood red is such a great scent. Most sandalwood scents I don't like at all. But Proraso did it right. After my first shave with it. I ordered up a big bottle of the aftershave splash.
I always wanted to try a sandalwood, and Taylor of Old Bond Street seems to be the most popular. I saw that Proraso red was sandalwood and bought it. It’s an awesome scent. If TOBS smells like that, too, I can see why it would be so popular.

I always wanted to try a sandalwood, and Taylor of Old Bond Street seems to be the most popular. I saw that Proraso red was sandalwood and bought it. It’s an awesome scent. If TOBS smells like that, too, I can see why it would be so popular.
The TOBS Sandalwood scent is different from that of Proraso red. The TOBS scent is more floral (to my nose). They're both good, but in different ways. I like using my TOBS Sandalwood in spring and summer but the Proraso Red in winter.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I love all the Proraso Soaps/Croaps. I have the White, Green and the Red. I like the Green topped tube of Cream and the Sensitive Balm is fantastic. I don’t mind the Green lidded pre-shave either. They just work.

I just tried the Red Proraso for the first time. The scent is really great but something in it (the sandalwood oil?) has really irritated my skin. A shame - but I will stick with the white, blue and green which I really like. So three out of four is not bad!

Top Bottom