What's new

New Proraso Beard and Moustache Care Line

I picked up all 3. Unfortunately the wife doesn't like the cedar scent of it. I have tried all 3 of them and like the smell. The wax is more of a cream that hardens up and actually does hold very well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you for the updates.

After reading some of the other posts for comparison, I am thinking of getting Beard Balm, and Firehouse Wax.

Currently using Clubman Wax, and Bluebeards Beard Conditioner.

I picked up all 3. Unfortunately the wife doesn't like the cedar scent of it. I have tried all 3 of them and like the smell. The wax is more of a cream that hardens up and actually does hold very well.

Cedar.. hrm.. I got more of a sandalwood I thought from the oil and wax.

I picked up the beard balm on scent alone, definitely cedar to my schnozz. I am, however contemplating its utility to me, as I shave every day. Plan to try it as an aftershave balm this morning. I guess if it doesn't feel good after a shave I'll pif it or keep it around for non shave days where I want to smell a little good? Dunno, will report back.

EDIT: Used Proraso Pre (white), Bowl (Green), and this Beard Balm of dubious repute. I like it. Used it as a straight balm after my shave. Love it, smells good, a little tacky, but smells good. Applied some osage rub over top of it, and I feel like at least a hundred bucks. Can endorse.

Last edited:
To me the Proraso moustache wax and beard balm smell very similar to the scent of the Proraso Red, which is now available in pre/post shave cream, but that's just my take on the scent.

i bought the beard oil today its got a lovely aroma and massages into the beard well, for a first impression i was impressed and my wife loves the scent.

Bought the hot oil and the wax...great scent and hold. But unfortunitly the scent doesnt last very long. Swmbo and son Love the smell. Any ideas of a Aftershave or cologne that goes that direction?

Last edited:
Bought the hot oil and the wax...great scent and hold. But unfortunitly the scent doesnt last very long. Swmbo and son Love the smell. Any ideas of a Aftershave or cologne that goes that direction?

Most say it's a cedar based sort of scent, so you can try looking for other things with a good cedar component in them.

I'm looking for something stronger than beard balm, but, lighter than moustache wax, as far as weight and hold go. I'm currently using hair cream. It works okay, but, I'm looking for something a bit better.

I tried a mixture of beard balm and beard oil on my beard this morning and it's working out well. You might try a drop of beard oil mixed with your normal dose of mustache wax. I'm gonna try that tomorrow.

I'm looking for something stronger than beard balm, but, lighter than moustache wax, as far as weight and hold go. I'm currently using hair cream. It works okay, but, I'm looking for something a bit better.

You should try the Proraso wax then.
Its lighter then wax. Litle bit like haircream imho.

I've been looking also as pomades and balms are a mess to work with. So far I've resorted to Argan oil (very light application for some moisture) and a small amount of Brylcreem. It's kind of old school and probably weird, but it works and isn't greasy, but hold pretty well. I had no idea Proraso did products besides shave creams and aftershave. The life of a newbie....

Top Bottom