What's new

New Project Idea: 3D Print a Brush Handle!

I've been using my new brush for the past few days, and it's working great! Below is the bloom pic of it. The only complain i have is that it seems to just not want to every dry. Is that normal for sliver-tip knots? I know they are supposed to hold water better, but when its still damp over 12hrs later it makes me wonder

12 hours isn't that long for a brush to dry. If it's still damp after 24, I'd question the storage conditions. Is it in a dry, well-ventilated location or in a steamy bathroom? Do you shake off the excess water after use and give it a few strokes on a towel? I've had more difficulty with soggy boar brushes than I've had with badger.

12 hours isn't that long for a brush to dry. If it's still damp after 24, I'd question the storage conditions. Is it in a dry, well-ventilated location or in a steamy bathroom? Do you shake off the excess water after use and give it a few strokes on a towel? I've had more difficulty with soggy boar brushes than I've had with badger.

I agree with this.

Oh ok. My tweezerman badger brush typically dries in only a few hours, so i wasn't sure. I keep it in the bathroom, but on a shelf by the door, and i do try to dry it off with a towel first. And its always dry by the next morning. So long as its normal thats fine, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to ruin it or anything. Thanks

Oh ok. My tweezerman badger brush typically dries in only a few hours, so i wasn't sure. I keep it in the bathroom, but on a shelf by the door, and i do try to dry it off with a towel first. And its always dry by the next morning. So long as its normal thats fine, I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to ruin it or anything. Thanks

There's a big difference in density between a Tweezerman and a nice Silvertip knot. I'd guess that the Silvertip probably has twice as many hairs. That's why it's taking longer to dry.

It's been a few months, and I'm sorry to bring the thread back from the dead, but I'm interested to know what kind of epoxy was used and how it's holding up with the ABS plastic.

I'm not entirely sure what the exact kind of epoxy I ended up using was, but I just went to my local hardware store, and grabbed one of the 5 minute epoxies that said it was waterproof. It's been holding up pretty well, it hasn't been falling out or wiggling or anything. The hole was a very tight fit that the knot had to squeeze into, which might also provide some extra stability

thats so very cool! i have thought 3d printers were incredibly interesting for a while now, but never made the connection to using them for shaving products. way to go.

Top Bottom