What's new

New Product at CVS

Gave a few of those sets (a month ago on sale for $6) as gifts, along with a beat up superspeed....produced a few converts to wet shaving.
VDH is a pretty good soap, along with a entry level brush and a ceramic bowl. For a newbie to wet or someone on a budget, it cant be beat.

notice how that there is only one bottle of the stuff that looks like it contains ivy club?
(and yes, they are up here to.)

IMHO, the notion of anything being "Premium" in that set is laughable.

Although I do have the bowl left from a VDH set I bought. The soap didn't come near softening my whiskers for some reason, and the brush I gave to a friend as a starter for him to get him off the goop.

BigFoot

I wanna be sedated!
I can't stop looking at those boxes of Williams.:o16:

I am going to look at my CVS tomorrow, they never had the VDH sets, maybe they will carry this one.

Mantic59 already did a cute little video about this set a few months ago:

An Inexpensive Introduction To Wetshaving

I gave a few of these away for Christmas, along with the Lord L5 razor, Shea Moisture Brush, Derby cream, Arko stick and a small variety of blades. Heard back some faint stirrings of interest, but I figure hooking new wetshavers is like hooking fish and I don't want to spook them by pestering them about trying it all out.

Haha :D That face after the Williams comment is awesome.

Interesting.... That starter kit is coming awfully close in price to an expensive can of gunk. Or two. That low price will help a lot with sales.

I had one of those. Hated the soap, replaced it with Williams. The knot fell out of the brush after 3 months - but it got me started and gave me a reason to buy the nice Badger brush I have now.

The fact that an outfit like CVS would take the time and trouble to re-brand a starter set like that is more interesting to me than the products within.

An acknowledgement of an interest in wet shaving? Catering to value seekers in tough economic times? Simply part of a larger push to get housebranded product on the shelf?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing, or just another omen of the coming shavepocalypse....:blink:

The fact that an outfit like CVS would take the time and trouble to re-brand a starter set like that is more interesting to me than the products within.

An acknowledgement of an interest in wet shaving? Catering to value seekers in tough economic times? Simply part of a larger push to get housebranded product on the shelf?

I'm not sure if it's a good thing, or just another omen of the coming shavepocalypse....:blink:

I am confused as well. It's not wetshaving kit was flying off the shelves. Either they're ahead of the curve (they also had more Pinaud than I had seen before) or their marketing/purchasing agent is a member here.

CVS is not interested in wetshaving ... they are interested in profits.

The fact that they carry this under their own label shows that they see people like us as a growing market that can be exploited.

Top Bottom