What's new

New poll: What is your favorite kind of shave brush?

What is your favorite kind of shave brush?

• Boar Hair Shaving Brush.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • Horsehair Shaving Brush.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • Synthetic Fiber Shaving Brush.

Votes: 58 43.3%
  • Pure Badger Hair.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • Best Badger Hair.

Votes: 9 6.7%
  • (Fine) Super Badger Hair

Votes: 15 11.2%
  • Silvertip Badger Hair.

Votes: 52 38.8%

• Total voters
What is the favorite kind of shave brush in your shave den? You may pick up to three. Be sure to scroll up this page to see the pol!

Last edited:
The three that I am currently having the most fun with are:
  1. SOC 2-Band Finest
  2. Semogue 2000 Boar - premium 90% tops and super 70% tops
  3. Vielong B0370524 American Professional Shaving Brush - horse hair

And for good measure Semogue 2015 HD 2-Band Finest. I am on a bit of a Semogue roll.

From left:

Paladin PK-47 Butterscotch 28MM 2CLND3 Select Badger
Paladin Chief 28MM Strawberry Amber Cat's Eye 2CLSA5 Select Badger
Paladin Ebonite High Rise Beehive 28MM 2CLSE5 Select Badger
proxy.php

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Does the poll add up to over 100% right now? I don't have enough fingers to count it up. An artifact of multiple votes?

Last edited:
Boar - short and scrubby lofts are best! The best of the best I had to loft and set myself.

I have four badgers, one horse, a couple mixed. Gave the synthetics away. The second-raters are just here to remind me that boar is incomparable. OK, a couple badgers are deeply appreciated gifts. One is a Simpson I took in trade just to give a minimum of justification to my overweening (but completely correct) arrogance about boars, even in the face of the cash-splashing Simpson fan club.

I have great sympathy (but no personal understanding) of anyone who needs a soft brush. Grow up and get a boar! Ten bucks, you can afford it.

Maybe I should go back and edit my prior post into all caps? Anyway, here is the first string. That NOS Ever-Ready will wash out eventually, but it is still scrubby for the moment. Oddly, these are probably the cheapest brushes I own.
AA7E4F57-9D1E-47DE-8076-DD6636BFF5D7.jpeg

Last edited:
A Two Band, a Silvertip, three boars and a horse. That is my present rotation. I have a white tipped two band coming and it will replace one of the boars in the rotation. I do favour badger hair a little more than boar. The horse is very different than boar and badger also an excellent brush.

Attachments

• 6F81B601-EDC0-4451-ABB7-F48117B92D1D.jpeg
    6F81B601-EDC0-4451-ABB7-F48117B92D1D.jpeg
    728 KB · Views: 12

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
1. Silvertip
2. Synthetic
3. Boar

Honestly about half the time I would say I prefer boar to synthetic but if I am being honest with myself I reach for synthetic more often than boar.

Top Bottom