What's new

New Pipe a real Bargain

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I may buy another. These are great deals. Dirt cheap for what you are getting.
That is a great reason to get more. I want one just so I can see how the unfinished wood takes on character from skin oils. We have a few guys who can afford any pipe they want, and have lots of great pipes, but they also have Bones which are really starting to look great.

What I really enjoy about our little corner here at B&B vs other pipe forums is the lack of snobbery. Whether you smoke a cob or a $500 artisan pipe, you are welcome here. We are brothers of the leaf.
I'd put good money that the people here with the $500 artisans have smoked a cob within the past 48 hours.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I'd put good money that the people here with the $500 artisans have smoked a cob within the past 48 hours.
Almost all the pipes I have are artisan made (none at $500 though). When I feel like a Lakeland, though, I will bust out my trusty Missouri Meerschaum. It always smokes well.

I called a smoke shop about a week ago looking for some pipe tobacco. The guy told me he had none because when he did have it it all went stale and he had to throw it away. He said no one buys it.
Just thought I'd add this little tid-bit.

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
What I really enjoy about our little corner here at B&B vs other pipe forums is the lack of snobbery. Whether you smoke a cob or a $500 artisan pipe, you are welcome here. We are brothers of the leaf.

Completely agree! I personally don't see the additional value in the higher end pipes, and people no doubt think my ceiling of £25 per pipe, and insisting they sit, is bizarre too, yet here we all are, getting along just fine. Not so on dedicated pipe forums. If you're not doing what the prominent members are doing, you're doing it wrong, and you'll either be ignored, or pressured to conform.

I think I tried three different pipe forums, and lasted less than a month at each. Even here, I steered clear of this sub forum for a while, expecting it to be somwhat like those other places. I'm delighted to have proved myself wrong.

Completely agree! I personally don't see the additional value in the higher end pipes, and people no doubt think my ceiling of £25 per pipe, and insisting they sit, is bizarre too, yet here we all are, getting along just fine. Not so on dedicated pipe forums. If you're not doing what the prominent members are doing, you're doing it wrong, and you'll either be ignored, or pressured to conform.

I think I tried three different pipe forums, and lasted less than a month at each. Even here, I steered clear of this sub forum for a while, expecting it to be somwhat like those other places. I'm delighted to have proved myself wrong.

There are "pipe forums"? I joined a couple FB pages in order to add to my knowledge, but actual forums? Who knew there were enough of us?

Heck I don’t even smoke and I come here to read about these pipes. I find myself wanting to try pipe smoking after sampling a Phillies Blunt 2 weeks ago in grape. There’s just something about it’s scent that has been stuck in my brain. 10 years or so back, I spent my birthday in Cuba and got to tour the Cohiba factory and even tried a few cigars. I liked the Romeo and Juliets the most.

As a young boy, I always used to snag my father’s pipe and pretend like I was smoking.

Anyhow, this has been kind of off topic. Back to the pipes!

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Heck I don’t even smoke and I come here to read about these pipes. I find myself wanting to try pipe smoking after sampling a Phillies Blunt 2 weeks ago in grape. There’s just something about it’s scent that has been stuck in my brain. 10 years or so back, I spent my birthday in Cuba and got to tour the Cohiba factory and even tried a few cigars. I liked the Romeo and Juliets the most.

As a young boy, I always used to snag my father’s pipe and pretend like I was smoking.

Anyhow, this has been kind of off topic. Back to the pipes!

They sell grape flavored pipe tobacco. Just sayin!

Top Bottom