What's new

New Pipe a real Bargain

I bought a new pipe based solely on a recommendation by Kent @Kentos. It's a Morgan Bones. A nice pipe for only $45. I just had my first smoke with it and I really enjoyed it. They give you a good bang for your buck. Here is a picture of it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

Morgan bones.jpg

It’s hard to go wrong with a Bones. I have several that I smoke regularly. A quality pipe that smokes good and doesn’t break the bank. Chris runs some great specials during the year, it is wise to get on his mailing list.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I may buy another. These are great deals. Dirt cheap for what you are getting.

Just as an aside, rather than buying 10 bones, you might consider 3 bones and one moderately priced artisan pipe. Depending on how you view pipes, either a tool to burn tobacco in, or a work of art to admire while burning said tobacco in, your decisons in how to spend your money may change. While I love all my pipes, maybe I could have not bought a few and instead have an Eltang, Piersel, Ferndown, etc. YMMV of course.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Just as an aside, rather than buying 10 bones, you might consider 3 bones and one moderately priced artisan pipe. Depending on how you view pipes, either a tool to burn tobacco in, or a work of art to admire while burning said tobacco in, your decisons in how to spend your money may change. While I love all my pipes, maybe I could have not bought a few and instead have an Eltang, Piersel, Ferndown, etc. YMMV of course.
If I could go back and follow one piece of advice this would be it. More pipes is great, but more better pipes is greaterer.😉 Nailed it.

The most I would buy is one more Morgan Bones. I do have a Savinelli pipe. A nice one.

320.jpg

Last edited:

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
I bought a new pipe based solely on a recommendation by Kent @Kentos. It's a Morgan Bones. A nice pipe for only $45. I just had my first smoke with it and I really enjoyed it. They give you a good bang for your buck. Here is a picture of it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

View attachment 1151227
That’s a very nice poker! Many happy puffs with it. I hear a lot of good things about those Bones.

Just make sure that stem is fully seated, or it can develop mortise and tenon issues over time.

That is one beautiful pipe! I have 2 in that size. One is an oscar the other is a giubileo d'oro.

The Savinelli is what got me back into pipe smoking. I use to smoke a pipe years ago but gave it up. Then I saw a thread recently where someone just bought one of these Savinelli 320. I loved the way it looked so much I had to buy one. I'm not sorry I did.

Ran some Amphora Kentucky through my Zulu Dog this morning. Love the Blend and I LOVE this pipe. Already seeing a colour change after only a half dozen bowls. I`m going to love watching it `age`.

Attachments

• me31.jpg
    me31.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 10
Top Bottom