What's new
    As per our long standing policy of not permitting medical advice on the forum - all threads concerning the Coronavirus will be locked.
    For more info on the coronavirus please see the link below:
    https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/summary.html

New Pipe a real Bargain

It’s hard to go wrong with a Bones. I have several that I smoke regularly. A quality pipe that smokes good and doesn’t break the bank. Chris runs some great specials during the year, it is wise to get on his mailing list.

Kentos

Wiped out at 25
Moderator Emeritus
I may buy another. These are great deals. Dirt cheap for what you are getting.

Just as an aside, rather than buying 10 bones, you might consider 3 bones and one moderately priced artisan pipe. Depending on how you view pipes, either a tool to burn tobacco in, or a work of art to admire while burning said tobacco in, your decisons in how to spend your money may change. While I love all my pipes, maybe I could have not bought a few and instead have an Eltang, Piersel, Ferndown, etc. YMMV of course.

brandaves

With a great avatar comes great misidentification
Ambassador
Just as an aside, rather than buying 10 bones, you might consider 3 bones and one moderately priced artisan pipe. Depending on how you view pipes, either a tool to burn tobacco in, or a work of art to admire while burning said tobacco in, your decisons in how to spend your money may change. While I love all my pipes, maybe I could have not bought a few and instead have an Eltang, Piersel, Ferndown, etc. YMMV of course.
If I could go back and follow one piece of advice this would be it. More pipes is great, but more better pipes is greaterer.😉 Nailed it.

The most I would buy is one more Morgan Bones. I do have a Savinelli pipe. A nice one.

320.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a new pipe based solely on a recommendation by Kent @Kentos. It's a Morgan Bones. A nice pipe for only $45. I just had my first smoke with it and I really enjoyed it. They give you a good bang for your buck. Here is a picture of it. I would not hesitate to buy another.

View attachment 1151227
That’s a very nice poker! Many happy puffs with it. I hear a lot of good things about those Bones.

Just make sure that stem is fully seated, or it can develop mortise and tenon issues over time.

That is one beautiful pipe! I have 2 in that size. One is an oscar the other is a giubileo d'oro.
The Savinelli is what got me back into pipe smoking. I use to smoke a pipe years ago but gave it up. Then I saw a thread recently where someone just bought one of these Savinelli 320. I loved the way it looked so much I had to buy one. I'm not sorry I did.

Ran some Amphora Kentucky through my Zulu Dog this morning. Love the Blend and I LOVE this pipe. Already seeing a colour change after only a half dozen bowls. I`m going to love watching it `age`.

Attachments

Top Bottom