What's new

New photos

I posted my first 2 pictures of my shaving essentials in the member's gallery area. I was a litte confused as to how or where to post pics but I think from now on I'll post them here as embedded images. Check it out by navigating to my Member Name on page 3 of the Gallery forum.

:biggrin:

I like the look of that bowl. Is it anything special? I've been keeping a look out for a nice looking bowl...

Hahahah, this is so exciting to have others so interested in what interest me, in what seems lke a 'special interest'! I'll tell you all about the brush. It is hand made in England by a company called 'Mulberry'. I will post pics of the imprints on the bottom of the brush soon. In fact, I might just as well do it now:

proxy.php

proxy.php

This is the imprint on the brushes handle. As you can see, it is made from Ebony, and a beautiful piece, I might add. I'll show you somehting else in a second. You can see in the first pic, a very faint outline of a capital M, if you look hard enough that is, and just above the end of the word 'England' you can see the ry at the end of the word. The brush arrived brand new, so I'm not sure why there is so much wear on the branding.

Now here is a pic of the brush soon after I first got it (sorry no pre-'bloom' pics, didn't know it would puff up! In fact I didnt even know blooming existed since I have been using a Burma-Shave 'natural bristle' brush up until now.) Notice how much cleaner and nicer the finish looks...am I taking care of this baby incorrectly?? You can also see my Bauer lathering bowl, retired because of it's small size (didn't figure that one out for a long time, thank God for these pictorials or I'd never have known how ineffective it was!)

proxy.php

proxy.php

It seems as if the finish is getting foggy from soap residue, in the little crevices and crannies in the wood grain. I am trying to clean it quite vigorously now, to make sure it is devoid of foggy residue, but if you look at the newer pics at the top, it appears as if the base of the bristles are becoming white with residue as well. I suspect if I used another color cream, it would turn that color. Compare with this pic:

proxy.php

Anyways at least I solved the problem of 'soap dust' coming off the bristles after it dries. I have figured out a great way of drying the brush that works very well.

Oh and just for giggles, and a little bit because its the truth, here it is: the poor man's brush stand!

proxy.php

By the way, this brush was an absolute steal at $41 with shipping from England including a tub of Cyril L. Salter Almond cream. ::sigh:: it's such a beauty, and the only way I could affort real luxury or else I'd be using boar bristle!

By the way, the bowl is hand made and painted in China, by 'Tabeltops Gallery' - 'Primary Colors (tm)'. Just pulled it outta the cupboard :)

Got it from an eBay auction. There are others just like it I belive, also different handle materials, bristles, and creams, some with stands some without.

Top Bottom