What's new

New phone camera broken??

Went for a walk this afternoon with my new phone and thought I would try out its camera. Is it broken? Thinking I might have to take it back
20778889-C3B2-4FA6-AEAE-6A0F616D7F13.jpeg
FDBC4B3F-EA8F-4A58-847E-D41117411223.jpeg

Legion

Staff member
True story.

I worked in a camera store years ago, in the film days. An elderly man dropped in about a dozen rolls of film from his overseas trip. When he picked up the prints he swore blind that the photos were not his, he didn’t know the people in the pictures, and so on. But when asked where he traveled, Italy, Greece, etc, the locations seemed to match.

And there was a recurring dark smudge on one side of almost all the shots…

After some trouble shooting I worked it out. He had been holding the camera the wrong way around for the whole trip, and shooting over his shoulder. The smudge was his ear.

Thanks for the help guys. I am glad there are solutions for this. I was having a terrible time seeing the screen in the sunlight and I hardly ever use the camera on my phone. I will need to practise for sure. I find having my eye up to the viewfinder on the camera so much easier.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
Thanks for the help guys. I am glad there are solutions for this. I was having a terrible time seeing the screen in the sunlight and I hardly ever use the camera on my phone. I will need to practise for sure. I find having my eye up to the viewfinder on the camera so much easier.
I have a pretty nice DSLR setup..... I'm really just learning to use my phone camera now... mainly for shots here because it's so easy. For years, I've avoided it... because I told myself, why would I use a small phone camera when I have such excellent "real" photography gear.... but as is often said... the best camera is the one you have with you.

Don't feel too bad... I notice my fingers in my phone photos all the time... now... I see that before I take the photo most of the time and uncurl my fingers from around the phone.

Top Bottom