What's new

New paddle holster

I was told the AG holsters break a lot, but they have many products... And the guy saying made holsters ... I have two, no problems but admittedly low use.

AA

I have their ankle holster. It looked solid and really nice. I’m having difficulty with it though, since the plastic holster backing rides on the ankle bone and hurts like all get out.

I turn it more towards the rear and it works for a few hours before the ankle contact is still uncomfortable. I’m looking for rubber padding I can use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have their ankle holster. It looked solid and really nice. I’m having difficulty with it though, since the plastic holster backing rides on the ankle bone and hurts like all get out.

I turn it more towards the rear and it works for a few hours before the ankle contact is still uncomfortable. I’m looking for rubber padding I can use.

I never tried using an ankle holster.

I never tried using an ankle holster.

There’s some locations I just really want to use one, like at work. I wear a tucked shirt at work and minimizing printing is a challenge.

The AG is solid and stays put. I do want it to be comfortable, or at least not painful. There are small rubber pads on amazon, and I am fixing to try one.

That Alien Gear is just Fugly to me and I don't want no Alien's head in my pants! The Vedder Pro Draw looks perfect to me, though I have no experience with it. I've had a couple of paddle holsters, they certainly serve a purpose, but are not my favorite method of carry. My Bladetec is very serviceable and lacks any unnecessary bulk or clutter. But it still moves around on the belt and doesn't hug the body as well as I would like. Works fine for a range holster.
I agree. It’s ugly.

It might seem like I'm an Alien Gear hater; I'm not. But Brian did ask for some feedback on his recent purchase. With that in mind, the following photo illustrates the different approach two manufacturers take to solve a problem:
DSCN1052.JPG

The Alien Gear is on the right, and the Vedder Light Tuck is on the left. Both holster's purpose is to carry a Walther PPS M2 IWB (I'm left handed). By using the wraparound approach Vedder has reduced the size of the holster significantly. I added the Ulticlip for a firm lock over my belt. To be fair to Alien Gear, the holster pictured may not even be available, and it looks like they've been working on their designs. I can't give you any info on the retention issue with the Alien Gear system, Brian, since I've never worn it.

Vedder's retention works on the trigger guard. As you push the pistol in, the trigger guard piece spreads quite a bit, and then reaches a point where it "clacks" closed around it. It's a firm grip, and it requires a solid pull to draw the pistol. I have 3 Light Tucks; one for the PPS, another for a P99C, and another for my full size P99 (this one holds both the 9mm and .40 cal).

Clinger Holsters are modeled on the same principle; I've seen both side by side and chose Vedder because I thought the Kydex was a little thicker. I don't think Clinger makes a paddle, though.

I have enough faith in Vedder to tell you you'd probably be getting a pretty good holster, even with their paddle. Again, see how the Alien Gear works, but if it doesn't, I think Vedder might be an answer.

Don

P.S. - The Vedder retention system works quite well when put to the ultimate test... you know, when your pants are down and your sitting in "that" room:blush:...

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
It might seem like I'm an Alien Gear hater; I'm not. But Brian did ask for some feedback on his recent purchase. With that in mind, the following photo illustrates the different approach two manufacturers take to solve a problem:
View attachment 1048877
The Alien Gear is on the right, and the Vedder Light Tuck is on the left. Both holster's purpose is to carry a Walther PPS M2 IWB (I'm left handed). By using the wraparound approach Vedder has reduced the size of the holster significantly. I added the Ulticlip for a firm lock over my belt. To be fair to Alien Gear, the holster pictured may not even be available, and it looks like they've been working on their designs. I can't give you any info on the retention issue with the Alien Gear system, Brian, since I've never worn it.

Vedder's retention works on the trigger guard. As you push the pistol in, the trigger guard piece spreads quite a bit, and then reaches a point where it "clacks" closed around it. It's a firm grip, and it requires a solid pull to draw the pistol. I have 3 Light Tucks; one for the PPS, another for a P99C, and another for my full size P99 (this one holds both the 9mm and .40 cal).

Clinger Holsters are modeled on the same principle; I've seen both side by side and chose Vedder because I thought the Kydex was a little thicker. I don't think Clinger makes a paddle, though.

I have enough faith in Vedder to tell you you'd probably be getting a pretty good holster, even with their paddle. Again, see how the Alien Gear works, but if it doesn't, I think Vedder might be an answer.

Don

P.S. - The Vedder retention system works quite well when put to the ultimate test... you know, when your pants are down and your sitting in "that" room:blush:...
I love my Vedder. But I'm with @OkieStubble, I like the Alien head.

Back to the Vedder: it's an IWB for my 4" GP100. I fell asleep in my Lazyarseboy once wearing it.

But that is a gun that almost needs two belts!

I've had it so long I might have been his second customer for that particular holster, lol. They have great service. I'd buy from Vedder again.

Most who read this particular forum with any regularity should know my position on Kydex. But....
Yesterday I was given a large bag of assorted holsters and duty belts for HK pistols by a retired federal officer; he has no further use for them. All are in like new condition. Some of the stuff was for a USB. Nothing I could use..however there were a couple holsters for an HK P200 that I can put into service. One of which is this Blackhawk Paddle holster.
guess I now have an opportunity to run some new generation Kydex gear through the mill. I am skeptical but we shall see.

AC8B7D3D-8981-4A4B-9DAD-171901D78CFF.jpeg
0A91556A-A088-4016-A663-859E555FA954.jpeg
I

View attachment 1048877

Don

My Tulster is like the Vedder. My Crossbreed Super Tuck is like this AG, since Crossbreed invented it.

I find the hybrid much more comfortable, especially with a larger rig like my M&P Pro 9mm CORE with Trijicon SRO. The Tulster (Vedder) is sweet with my G48, as it is not a bulky gun and it can be worn appendix style or 3:00 as the mood fits.

Most who read this particular forum with any regularity should know my position on Kydex. But....
Yesterday I was given a large bag of assorted holsters and duty belts for HK pistols by a retired federal officer; he has no further use for them. All are in like new condition. Some of the stuff was for a USB. Nothing I could use..however there were a couple holsters for an HK P200 that I can put into service. One of which is this Blackhawk Paddle holster.
guess I now have an opportunity to run some new generation Kydex gear through the mill. I am skeptical but we shall see.

View attachment 1049911View attachment 1049912I
That is the exact holster I am replacing! Very comfortable as far as paddles go.

I have 3 AG holsters (2 for my K6s and 1 for my 1911). They are good holsters, but the truth is that my preference is for leather. I have used the AG holsters and in all truth have not problems with them. I do have their mag carrier with I really do like.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My Tulster is like the Vedder. My Crossbreed Super Tuck is like this AG, since Crossbreed invented it.

I find the hybrid much more comfortable, especially with a larger rig like my M&P Pro 9mm CORE with Trijicon SRO. The Tulster (Vedder) is sweet with my G48, as it is not a bulky gun and it can be worn appendix style or 3:00 as the mood fits.

Have we seen pics of this?

I have 3 AG holsters (2 for my K6s and 1 for my 1911). They are good holsters, but the truth is that my preference is for leather. I have used the AG holsters and in all truth have not problems with them. I do have their mag carrier with I really do like.

I don't mind kydex in civilian clothing, but it's usually outside the waistband on a hot range or also OWB under a suit or in a classroom type casual setting with a tucked in polo and 5.11 pants. I am looking for a small Kydex for appendix carry though. I have always carried my G19 in an Uncle Mike's inside the waistband soft holster. I understand 99.5 % of most don't like UM's, but it has worked for me for 2 decades and I probably won't ever change that.

However, Since picking up and selling the smaller Sig 365 and then a Glock 43X, I finally gave in to all the pics of those leather holsters @Acmemfg has posted over the years and purchased a leather holster, double mag carrier and belt. And I have to be honest, it is beginning to spoil me with outside the waistband carry.

So I'm starting to ask myself the question, "well, if these smaller guns carry this well and comfortable and look this good doing it, then why not a OWB leather set up for the G19 also?" Tim posted a pic a couple of days ago, of a small S&W .38 snubbie with a Sam Andrews holster. He has posted many pistols over the years with Andrews holsters, but this particular one, I could tell it was darker or deeper in color and the leather itself appeared stressed due to age.

I thought it looked really cool like that. I will definitely be giving Sam Andrews some holster business sooner or later.

Top Bottom