What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I'm sitting around doing nothing on a Wednesday night, so I figured I'd take a shot. It's been a few decades since I studied Italian, so I'm a little rusty. I used an online dictionary for a few words and some poetic license as to what I think they're trying to say. But I would love for an actual Italophone to correct my poor translation. (Marco - be kind to a poor student of Italian!)

Barcelona 1932. In the barbershop of Consell de Cent, an original formula is born, enriched with medicinal herbs to soothe his clients’ skin after their shave. An explosion of spices, citrus and mint give way to a ripe note of woods, musk and sandalwood in the finish. This is the testimony of Floïd and the philosophy behind “The Genuine” – authentic, pure and real products to accompany every man’s rituals.

Ill.mo Signore, la sua traduzione è precisa ed accurata. I miei più vivi complimenti.

It showed up today and goes well with its brethren! To me it smells similar to Clubman.
28058B33-B2C1-4FBD-A631-5379BD9D45BA.jpeg

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow. Just wow. I've been using Pinaud Clubman since I was a young Lieutenant in the Air Force, almost 40 years ago. It has always been The King of Aftershaves for me, although I have about a half dozen in stock at any one time.

I think The King has been dethroned! Some have said it smells like Clubman, and I'm not sure I agree, but it is certainly in the same scent neighborhood, to be sure. I just got it this afternoon, and I cannot stop smelling it! Fabulous stuff! Can't wait to see how it feels when applied. I still love Clubman, but this may have risen to the top of the hill for me.

Floid.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Wow. Just wow. I've been using Pinaud Clubman since I was a young Lieutenant in the Air Force, almost 40 years ago. It has always been The King of Aftershaves for me, although I have about a half dozen in stock at any one time.

I think The King has been dethroned! Some have said it smells like Clubman, and I'm not sure I agree, but it is certainly in the same scent neighborhood, to be sure. I just got it this afternoon, and I cannot stop smelling it! Fabulous stuff! Can't wait to see how it feels when applied.

View attachment 1333129
High praise!

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Hmmmm. Just went upstairs and compared the two of them side-by-side. It does smell a bit like Clubman, but I honestly think it just replaced Clubman at the top of my totem pole. I'm interested to see what it feels like tomorrow. If I need to add some glycerin or something (I do add it to Clubman).

FarmerTan

Tonga, an ANCIENT offering from Amway, smells amazingly like Clubman to me. Calls itself a cologne, and it does last a bit longer and stronger, but if I hadn't inherited it I am not sure I'd pay the 'bay prices...

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hmmmm. Just went upstairs and compared the two of them side-by-side. It does smell a bit like Clubman, but I honestly think it just replaced Clubman at the top of my totem pole. I'm interested to see what it feels like tomorrow. If I need to add some glycerin or something (I do add it to Clubman).

John, I think it is just perfect as it is. Please, do let me know your valuable opinion once tested, my dear friend. :001_smile

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
@Marco I remember that I got you some Clubman through the mails somehow some years back, along with some aqua Velva I think. You were very fond of the aclubman, and now I know why. Just put some on each hand and they are so very similar. Pinaud is a great scent, but doesn’t make your face feel great, like, say, Cella does. Hence my adding glycerin to Clumban. If Floid feels better after my shave tomorrow it will be the clear winner. Love both scents, though. I am so glad they brought this back.

FarmerTan

@Marco I remember that I got you some Clubman through the mails somehow some years back, along with some aqua Velva I think. You were very fond of the aclubman, and now I know why. Just put some on each hand and they are so very similar. Pinaud is a great scent, but doesn’t make your face feel great, like, say, Cella does. Hence my adding glycerin to Clumban. If Floid feels better after my shave tomorrow it will be the clear winner. Love both scents, though. I am so glad they brought this back.
*enabler*

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
The first reported case (unsolicited confession actually) of clubman smuggling. 😂

Top Bottom