What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

shavefan

I’m not a fan
Love me some Oland... NOT crazy about sticky stuff on my face though.

Brother, if you like Oland I highly recommend 1932! Although the vintage Avon juice has much longer staying power. I found the 1932 scent to fade to almost nothing in about an hour (on my skin).

. . .
The formula is completely new, packed with plant extracts and a lower alcohol content. Basically, they wanted a splash, with the authentique Floid The Genuine scent, but that behaved almost like a balm.

On a side note, they already have a splash with a "balm-like" performance. It's Proraso Red and it's very much loved.

My 1932 experience makes perfect sense now that I've read your post above @Marco . "behaves almost as a balm" is right on. And I found Proraso red a bit sticky too, even more-so than 1932.

fully enjoyed my first outing with the 'new/old' FloÏd!
lots of nice soap, talcum, musk smells; plenty of menthol and a bite of alcohol burn.
as mentioned earlier, reminiscent of Pashana (UK).
only thing is that the face was left a little dry from the alcohol, so I added some SMN balm.
thanks, folks, for all the good 'enablement'!

trumper's almond shavemac gillette floid original santa maria novella september 14 2021.jpg

Ad Astra

The Instigator
lots of nice soap, talcum, musk smells; plenty of menthol and a bite of alcohol burn.
only thing is that the face was left a little dry from the alcohol, so I added some SMN balm.

View attachment 1328138

And thank you, Sir @sarimento1, for sharing the excellent studio photography!

AA

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
@Marco any word if the genuine amber variety will ckntinued to be produced? Is this just an addition the current floid line?

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
@Marco any word if the genuine amber variety will ckntinued to be produced? Is this just an addition the current floid line?

I really do not think so. It's my understanding that this novelty is an upgrade done to fully replace the previous version, not an addition to it.

Anyway, all those who have tried this new 1932 The Genuine seem very happy with it, I've not heard any word of regret for the previous version being replaced.

Sorry to hear about your broken bottle, my friend. Please, let me know your thoughts on the new one once it's in your hands. :001_smile

View attachment 1328138
First class photography Sarimento1 !

Has anyone translated the copy on the front of the new Floïd label???
(granted, a little skewed in this photo)

View attachment 1328721
I'm sitting around doing nothing on a Wednesday night, so I figured I'd take a shot. It's been a few decades since I studied Italian, so I'm a little rusty. I used an online dictionary for a few words and some poetic license as to what I think they're trying to say. But I would love for an actual Italophone to correct my poor translation. (Marco - be kind to a poor student of Italian!)

Barcelona 1932. In the barbershop of Consell de Cent, an original formula is born, enriched with medicinal herbs to soothe his clients’ skin after their shave. An explosion of spices, citrus and mint give way to a ripe note of woods, musk and sandalwood in the finish. This is the testimony of Floïd and the philosophy behind “The Genuine” – authentic, pure and real products to accompany every man’s rituals.

Top Bottom