What's new

NEW Original 1932 Floid The Genuine!

For the uninitiated here (i.e. me), would love if somebody could share why the 1932 original Floid is getting people so excited. Genuinely curious.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
For the uninitiated here (i.e. me), would love if somebody could share why the 1932 original Floid is getting people so excited. Genuinely curious.

It's brand new. No one has it. Plain and simple - that's it.
There is likely not a HUGE noticeable difference, but it hasn't been sold before in our lifetime.
And there's nothing wrong with that. I like new stuff too.
I'll get a bottle as soon as I am able to.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

It's brand new. No one has it. Plain and simple - that's it.
There is likely not a HUGE noticeable difference, but it hasn't been sold before in our lifetime.
And there's nothing wrong with that. I like new stuff too.
I'll get a bottle as soon as I am able to.

Not only. This 1932 version has an historic value: at the Ludovico Martelli Company (manufacturer of Proraso btw) they made a huge effort to recreate the exact same scent of the very first original Floid. And they took inspiration from the authentic label, too. This means that in terms of fragrance and design this new version is a very faithful reproduction.

If Gillette today decided to recreate a precise rendition of their famous Techs or Fat Boys who wouldn't want one?

Not only. This 1932 version has an historic value: at the Ludovico Martelli Company (manufacturer of Proraso btw) they made a huge effort to recreate the exact same scent of the very first original Floid. And they took inspiration from the authentic label, too. This means that in terms of fragrance and design this new version is a very faithful reproduction.

If Gillette today decided to recreate a precise rendition of their famous Techs or Fat Boys who wouldn't want one?
Any more rumors on the Blue, Marco?

No, Sir. It's possible that they want to see how well this one goes first.
Many thanks.
Going by the secondary prices of Blue a reintroduction doesn’t seem that kind of risky compared to bringing a new/old formulation of The Genuine that in its current iteration has been on the market for what 30-40? years…

These are vintage Spanish Floid's , and I think the vintage Italian artwork was very similar.

Attachments

• FLOIDDDDDD.jpg
    FLOIDDDDDD.jpg
    444.7 KB · Views: 63
  • FLOIDDDDD.jpg
    FLOIDDDDD.jpg
    526.8 KB · Views: 69
  • FLOIDD.jpg
    FLOIDD.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 70
  • FLOID.jpg
    FLOID.jpg
    398.4 KB · Views: 74
  • FLOIDDD.jpg
    FLOIDDD.jpg
    201.3 KB · Views: 59

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
My friends, my wife has just told me that DHL delivered my package! Sadly, I am not at home, I had a sudden urgency and will be away for a few days, maybe a week. Thoughts and comments to be written when back.
Pray everything is ok! Thanks for letting us know.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

My friends, my wife has just told me that DHL delivered my package! Sadly, I am not at home, I had a sudden urgency and will be away for a few days, maybe a week. Thoughts and comments to be written when back.
Hope all is well with you Marco...if possible, can you post some pictures of the front and rear lebels of the bottle when you get around to it ?..Greatly appreciated !

Top Bottom