What's new

New ,old type?

Can anyone suggest me a modern equivalent of the Gillette old type?
I don't care for design ,price or materials.
I want to find the same feeling, aggresiveness and effectiveness with that old miracle...

Fatip Grande, Fatip Piccolo, or Schone razor. All brass and very reasonable cost. Very effective, but also a smoother shave than the Old Type.

1611032406061.png
1611032214313.png

Phoenix artisan accoutrements Ascension Doc. It has a "clever" twist to adjust functionality. Smooth and efficient shaver !

Last edited:
My Muhle Rocca feels very similar to my Old Type - smooth, moderately aggressive with plenty of blade feel.

Thank you for your replies so far! I tried the Fatips and although very near they are less aggressive smoother and less effective.Their top plate is exactly the same with the Gillette's.
The Muhle is out of stock anywhere.I don't like the R44 bite.Any other idea?

Thank you for your replies so far! I tried the Fatips and although very near they are less aggressive smoother and less effective.Their top plate is exactly the same with the Gillette's.
The Muhle is out of stock anywhere.I don't like the R44 bite.Any other idea?
I meant R41 sorry..

Yes...I think I would prefer the Grande handle gold.
Already own a Piccolo and find the handle a wee tad too 'dinky' for my big mitts.
The gold appeals because I haven't had a gold razor since I sold my Executive Fatboy a few years ago (it was a lovely razor, but didn't perform as well as I like).

Top Bottom