What's new

New old stock burham razor

Just won this guy on eBay. I've had my eyes on it for around two weeks. In a way I hate I got it so cheaply. It's truly undervalued. I cant wait to give it a try.

D

dangerousrazor

I agree it is an underestimated razor. It looks too simple and unsophisticated but it is one of the most comfortable razors I've tried.

I have one, but I've never been able to get a blade seated securely. Mine doesn't look damaged so it must be something I'm doing wrong - please post some pics and some blade insights when you get it.

D

dangerousrazor

I have one, but I've never been able to get a blade seated securely. Mine doesn't look damaged so it must be something I'm doing wrong - please post some pics and some blade insights when you get it.

20200330_213713.jpg

Mine takes a de-spined Gem blade like this. I always de-spine Gem blade because when normal Gem blade is seated, it sticks out a bit more than the original blade intened to.

The following is a pic of Burham manual.

Directions.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Try pressing the retaining spring down. In the instructions that is what is says to do if there isn't enough retention. I've found it easiest to slide the blade in from the side while pushing slightly upward.

Try pressing the retaining spring down. In the instructions that is what is says to do if there isn't enough retention. I've found it easiest to slide the blade in from the side while pushing slightly upward.

I might try it again tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I tried the push-down-on-the-spring maneuver, but I can't remember if I tried a despined blade. I'll play around with it.

Top Bottom