What's new

New Old Camera

I was browsing the Used section of B&H website and saw a used Nikon D3300 body with only 100 shutter count on it for just $169 american. Basically “new” in a box. What sold me was a better sensor then my D90 plus the size and weight of this camera. I bought it. It’s a simple camera with a basic controls. D90 was good but I had to sell it Ebay to fund the D3300. Weight is a big factor when it comes to a cameras in today’s times. After buying a Fuji mirrorless I don’t wanna carry a lot on myself. But I love the DSLRs, hence a smaller lighter D3300. Still don’t know if I made a right decision, though…

I am a Canon shooter myself but I have used and like Nikon DSLR's. I only stay with Canon because of the lens I own. The D3300 is a fine camera and will give you a lot good use.

I shoot a lot of Black and White film on SLR's.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I started with Canon and have stayed with them for the same reasons. I am saving up to switch to the Canon mirrorless system. I'm not in a rush. I really want to buy a R5 II. I think they'll fix some of the annoying shortcomings of the R5. I don't expect it to be released for a couple years so I have time to save.

I have a 1DXII at the moment. I love the camera and who knows? I might just stick with that. I have to say... that 100-500 R lens looks pretty tempting. I mostly shoot bird photos.. hence my interest.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I think any of the older Canon and Nikon camera are great... well, depends on "how old".

I brought my old Canon 70D with us to Bali. There have been two models released since but it still takes great photos and is much lighter to haul up and down cliffs, etc. The crop lens are Much lighter though the EF-S 15-85 isn't exactly light.

I was browsing the Used section of B&H website and saw a used Nikon D3300 body with only 100 shutter count on it for just $169 american. Basically “new” in a box. What sold me was a better sensor then my D90 plus the size and weight of this camera. I bought it. It’s a simple camera with a basic controls. D90 was good but I had to sell it Ebay to fund the D3300. Weight is a big factor when it comes to a cameras in today’s times. After buying a Fuji mirrorless I don’t wanna carry a lot on myself. But I love the DSLRs, hence a smaller lighter D3300. Still don’t know if I made a right decision, though…
If what you wanted is a smaller, lighter DSLR that punches a bit above its weight class, I think you did fine. In competent hands the D3300 will have no trouble putting ordinance on target.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I still have my D50 which is definitely a keeper.Unlike newer cameras (CMOS) they have CCD type sensors which produce great colors and tones.
My Canon 1DX 2 has a CMOS sensor but I get what I see. I'm color blind, so that matters to me a lot. I don't have to try and fool around with color adjustments in Lightroom or Photoshop. I've tried a few times and messed things up dramatically. My wife looked a few photos of the kitchens she had installed and asked... why did you turn all the recessed lights red? LOL

So I just work on other aspects of a photograph to get it to pop.... leave the colors as they are.

On a separate note, I just checked the used prices for my 1DX 2... ouch. LOL They lose value in a hurry.

Top Bottom