What's new

NEW Norfolk

While that is a Norfolk case, the razor itself is a common bar NEW. Note the baseplate is of the standard design for a NEW. The Norfolk has a thicker base with a flat bottom.

From Achims site:

proxy.php

Even though mismatched, this is still a good price as the nickel plated NEWs are fairly rare.

I think it is a Norfolk - I have both a gold & chrome plated NEW Norfolks - the handles are substantially shorter than the common bar NEW.

See Mr. Razor:

proxy.php

Sadly, neither of mine is in the fancy-pants case....

Great snag - and a nice shaver. You'll love it.

edit: just saw Guido's latest... I'm gonna grab my razors to see what's what. It is the wrong blade case, clearly....

You'll love it. I have used the old style for weeks then got the NEW and... a different shave to be sure. Hard to quantify but different, and I see why people rave about them.

It is more similar to the NEW Norfolk Chromium, but the blade box doesn't match and the plating looks like nickel.

Clearly not the right blade box... maybe the chrome is worn or could use a scrub? Doesn't the handle look Norfolk-length rather than full-size?

Clearly not the right blade box... maybe the chrome is worn or could use a scrub? Doesn't the handle look Norfolk-length rather than full-size?

Yes it does. I can't remember, was there nickel version as well as the gold and chromium? I'm thinking there was now.

Yes it does. I can't remember, was there nickel version as well as the gold and chromium? I'm thinking there was now.

I just looked in Krumholz - he talks about Norfolks in gold or chrome. Comparing my chrome-colored bar-handle Norfolk to a Chrome Tuckaway-style (I don't know what to call any of 'em - the cases all read "Tuckaway"!), the bar-handle is decidedly LESS chrome-y.

I don't know.

Hey, Brian - aren't you glad you started this?

I bet the bar-handled Norfolk (I want to call it a Norway) isn't chrome after all.

Just got a chance to read this lol.

I knew that the blade case is the wrong one but that shouldnt be too hard to find the right one.

The handle is the right one, at least i think. Would the regular NEW bar handle even fit in the case? I think it would be long.

Ill know more once I receive it.

I watched it for days and RAD has reached a limit with me.

Awesome score. :001_tt1:

Putting things in my watch list is almost as exciting as bidding on them.

The red dot fatboy yesterday and this today.

Some others still active. :001_rolle

I can only shave with one razor at a time right? :blink:

Since scoring a ccb last week, I'm not as hungry for more.

Awesome collectible though. I have several of the common Tuckaway razors. Just gave my older brother a minty gold one in the case with the blade bank. It had red lining.

I love how the New shaves, but I'm focusing on function lately. Way too short for me.

Glad it went to a good home at a great price! :thumbup:

Nice pick up. It looks like it slipped under the radar. That is an excellent price.

Thanks Johnmrson! I am quite excited about receiving this one in.

I watched it for days and RAD has reached a limit with me.

Awesome score. :001_tt1:

Putting things in my watch list is almost as exciting as bidding on them.

The red dot fatboy yesterday and this today.

Some others still active. :001_rolle

I can only shave with one razor at a time right? :blink:

Since scoring a ccb last week, I'm not as hungry for more.

Awesome collectible though. I have several of the common Tuckaway razors. Just gave my older brother a minty gold one in the case with the blade bank. It had red lining.

I love how the New shaves, but I'm focusing on function lately. Way too short for me.

Glad it went to a good home at a great price! :thumbup:

Thanks! I love these types of sets.

Last edited:
I think you will like your NEW. I have one (although it is shiny gold rather than chrome) and it shaves close and clean, especially with three days stubble. The bonus is that if your angle isn't right, you have streaks of soap left to tell you to reshave the area. However, it is one of the more aggressive razors and you have to be careful, especially on the neck. An XTG stroke is highly discouraged with this razor, an ATG and/or WTG stroke is recommended with this razor.

One anomoly, this razor turns pink where the plating is worn after some use (at least the gold version). It does not affect your skin or the quality of the shave, so I wouldn't worry about it. Evidently it can be taken off the razor with some type of cleaner as I see lots of NEWs on here without that pink that have been used extensively, including gold versions.

I think you will like your NEW. I have one (although it is shiny gold rather than chrome) and it shaves close and clean, especially with three days stubble. The bonus is that if your angle isn't right, you have streaks of soap left to tell you to reshave the area. However, it is one of the more aggressive razors and you have to be careful, especially on the neck. An XTG stroke is highly discouraged with this razor, an ATG and/or WTG stroke is recommended with this razor.

One anomoly, this razor turns pink where the plating is worn after some use (at least the gold version). It does not affect your skin or the quality of the shave, so I wouldn't worry about it. Evidently it can be taken off the razor with some type of cleaner as I see lots of NEWs on here without that pink that have been used extensively, including gold versions.

The NEW is one of my favorite razors.

I also collect so depending on the condition this may or may not find its way into my rotation since I have 2 others that I can use as shavers. But either way they are a great razor :thumbup1:

Great price, on one of my favorite razors. Blade box looks right to me. I have 3 of these, and they all came with this type of blade box.

Great price, on one of my favorite razors. Blade box looks right to me. I have 3 of these, and they all came with this type of blade box.

Those are great looking sets you have. I am confused on what blade box goes with these now :huh:

Top Bottom