What's new

New, non-tallow Tabac reviews go in here

These and the [mention]never-stop-learning [/mention]review have convinced me to expand my reserves of the tallow soap. 2 additional bowl refills ordered, plus below, plus what’s currently in use. Is that enough? [emoji51][emoji1]

proxy.php

These and the [mention]never-stop-learning [/mention]review have convinced me to expand my reserves of the tallow soap. 2 additional bowl refills ordered, plus below, plus what’s currently in use. Is that enough? [emoji51][emoji1]

proxy.php
I don't know, you might be cutting it pretty close with only 1.3 kilograms. If you shaved every day with Tabac, that might only last you six years or so.

OTOH, if you are rotating with a lot of other soaps, you are doomed never to be able to finish all that Tabac.
:laugh:

I don't know, you might be cutting it pretty close with only 1.3 kilograms. If you shaved every day with Tabac, that might only last you six years or so.

OTOH, if you are rotating with a lot of other soaps, you are doomed never to be able to finish all that Tabac.
:laugh:

I only have a measly collection of 8 soaps/creams, and plan to eventually whither that down to 6, to be used in rotation with Tallow Tabac on Tuesdays, and the Tabac sticks for all travels. I’m 49. If the supply outlasts me, I’ll take your suggestion and bequeath the remaining to my 2 sons, the oldest of whom just picked up DE wet shaving.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

proxy.php

You certainly won't go wrong with the original, tallow Tabac.

I do want to stress that the overall shave results with both the tallow and non-tallow versions are close. The edge goes to the tallow Tabac over the non-tallow version, but we are not talking orders of magnitude differences.

might be some left here in Australia, not the cheapest prices here though and no idea what shipping is like.. I can find out if there are any of the tallow formula left if you like?

Thank you StratMan......not sure I want it that bad. I like Tabac but it's not my favorite. I was just wondering if any might be available. I have the aftershave and I know my current puck isn't going to last as long as the splash.

Any tallow Tabac left to order that anyone knows about? If so where? Thanks..
My local shop still has a couple of the shave sticks. At least right this minute they do. Not sure if I am allowed to post a link, but you can google The Shave Supply and find them.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Indeed....and I have many soaps (tallow and non tallow) that I prefer over Tabac. I'm just looking to get a stick or two of the tallow version so I can use it while I use up my Tabac aftershave. Once that's gone, I'm most likely not going to replenish Tabac.

WSP Rustic Tobacco is a great soap that works wonderfully with all manner of aftershaves and fragrances, Tabac included.

The Rustic is a vegan soap. I also need to try the Formula T, which is tallow based. Yes, I have the Formula T Tobacco on the way. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom