What's new

New Nivea shave cream

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Interesting indeed. I have not seen it out here in my part of Australia. Will definitely be on the lookout.

Spotted this in Boots today, any one tried it yet?

Yeah, it failed miserably in the European Union and Nivea had to withdraw it from the EU market and sell remaining stock in a non-EU market instead.
Of course not… :c9:

But I have repeatedly noticed that Nivea has the habit of tuning their product range to local markets and what is available on one country may not be available in the next.
At this stage it is not (yet?) available in the German, several European countries’ and both US and Canadian markets.

Could be interesting, and Nivea seems to have the “green” crowd in mind with this new product as they state:

This liquid shaving cream cares for your skin & planet with 100% organic hemp seed oil, microplastic free* & vegan formula and a bottle made of 97% recycled material (excl. pump & label). The skin compatibility has been dermatologically approved for sensitive skin.

Based on the liquid shaving cream description, consistency might be similar to Kiss My Face.

As they legalized cannabis in Canada almost two years ago, Canada may be the next market where this product shows up as one of the raw materials is easily (and legally) available there. :cool:

B.

Last edited:
...As they legalized cannabis in Canada almost two years ago, Canada may be the next market where this product shows up as one of the raw materials is easily (and legally) available there. :cool:
Where do you think you get the trim for your oil from? Eh?
We keep the buds, you get the trim.
Happy shaves :biggrin1:

I've seen a youtube video. Looks closer to a liquid. The user just rubbed it on his face. Forget about brushes. I wouldn't be surprised is this is only for the UK market. Not available on other Nivea sites

It's also available here in Finland so i bought a bottle for 6,95€. On the back label it says it can be lathered with a brush or by hands. I'll be trying it out tomorrow morning to see how it works out as brushless cream.

Picked some up on my latest visit to town, along with the matching AS balm, so hopefully will be trying tomorrow and reporting back...

Initial indications are looking pretty good but I'm going to hold off on a full review until I've used it for about a week or so

Ok, so I've been using this every day for the last week so time for the review...

So, it comes in a pump dispenser container as you can see and the consistency is definitely towards the liquid end of the spectrum. I would say it's kinda like shampoo in that regard. The scent is mild but very pleasant.

For the first few days I decided to exclusively face lather using different brushes. Thus far I've discovered it's not majorly fussy although synthetic brushes are easiest (not surprising) and boar brushes 2nd easiest (perhaps more surprising). However I can confirm that it most definitely does lather with a brush as claimed.

One thing for sure is that this is NOT a particularly thirsty cream. On my first attempt I used an averagely wet brush as I normally do and the lather, whilst initially promising, broke down and dissipated rather quickly. For subsequent uses I squeezed pretty much all water from the brush so it was merely damp then began building lather adding small increments of water as I went. The results from this method were far more successful.

Depending on the brush used either 1 or 1 and a half squirts was enough to produce enough lather for 3 passes. At only £4.49 per 200ml bottle I'd say this represents pretty good value, so long as it's any good...

Well, in short, it is :)

By using the above method I was able to obtain good slickness, not world beating, but plenty good enough. The only trouble came one morning when I was in a hurry and tried to push a used blade one day too far but even then I got no irritation from the shave, just one weeper on my top lip.

Post shave feel is very good probably in no small part to the purported anti inflammatory effects of the CBD oil and vitamin E and given the way my skin has felt all week I would definitely concur with the ultra calming claim on the label.

Yesterday and today I tried bowl lathering and the overall experience was very much the same I am pleased to say.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I also bought the matching balm. Apart from the fact that it seems to take a long time to be absorbed into the skin (the spiel on the website says fast absorbing...) it too is very good.

As much as I share many peoples love of artisan and small batch producers I, for one, am very glad to see one of the big boys like Nivea putting out a product like this. Personally I'd much rather have them working with us than against us.

I'd definitely recommend this product.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Both the shaving cream and the aftershave balm are now available in Australia at Woolies, Coles and Chemist Warehouse.

I've been using it in rotation for a little while now and have become more impressed with it over time.
I've found that by hydrating gradually it will actually hold more water than I initially thought and has pretty good slickness.

Used this recently really liked it and it does have a mild scent and I like that it comes in a pump dispenser

Top Bottom