What's new

New Nikon(5600),Best prime lens please.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up getting the 35mm last month and have been very happy with it. Now I just have to find more time to get out there and shoot. Thanks again. Peter.

Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up getting the 35mm last month and have been very happy with it. Now I just have to find more time to get out there and shoot. Thanks again. Peter.

Congratulations ! You bought a wonderful lens, and I have no doubt that you're really going to enjoy it. Get out there and take loads of photos. Have fun ! :a14::a14::a14:

Hey girls and guys, as the title suggests, I am after a good prime lense for the d5600, I am tossing between the 35mm or the 50mm. I am aware of the difference between APC&full frame sensors, hence why I am asking?
My subjects will mostly be flowers and mushrooms (not that it is the time of year here for mushrooms in AUSTRALIA. But anyway. ). I would also like to take some nice portrait shots if possible. I am new to dslrs, so please be patient.
I did own a couple of film slrs, back in the day, but that was almost 20 years ago, and a lot has changed since then. So any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Peter.

For a prime the Nikon 35mm f1.8 is hard to beat as a standard lens. The Micro 85 mm f3.5 is hard to beat as a macro lens, short telephoto and portrait lens. Also the 18-55mm kit lens is a really nice all purpose lens that takes great photos, and gives a lot of bang for the buck. You really need more than one lens for that fine camera.

Top Bottom