What's new

New New Czech and Speake ii

That's still the second version (i.e. immediate successor of Valobra).
I believe the problem with this version is the presence of sodium (vs potassium) across the board.

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate...

AFAIK, there's never been a tallow-free C&S soap.

P.S. They should hook up with Creightons and at least make a No.88 shaving cream.

Septuple milled (7x) ....gonna be dense!

Let me line up the timeline and make sure I have it right. The old formula was made by Valobra and was amazing. The reformulation sucked and sucked so bad that it was very promptly discontinued as well, with this current version being a response to nobody liking the first reformulation, right? Or is this still the crap version?

Edit: the post above me has clarified this as still being the crap version. Lamesauce.

Full Ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Lecithin, Petrolatum, Zea Mays Oil, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxy Citronellal, Limonene, Oakmoss Absolute, CI77499, CI77891

Septuple milled (7x) ....gonna be dense!

Let me line up the timeline and make sure I have it right. The old formula was made by Valobra and was amazing. The reformulation sucked and sucked so bad that it was very promptly discontinued as well, with this current version being a response to nobody liking the first reformulation, right? Or is this still the crap version?

Edit: the post above me has clarified this as still being the crap version. Lamesauce.

Full Ingredients:

Sodium Palmate, Sodium Tallowate, Aqua (Water), Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, Parfum, Lecithin, Petrolatum, Zea Mays Oil, Sodium Citrate, Sodium Chloride, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Hydroxy Citronellal, Limonene, Oakmoss Absolute, CI77499, CI77891

Below is their bar soap ingredients. The addition of Sodium Palmate, Palm Kernelate, Glycerin, etc. doesn't matter. The shaving soap is bar soap! What gives :)

Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Cocoate, Aqua (Water), Glycerin, Parfum (Fragrance), Lecithin, Sodium Carbonate, Petrolatum, Zea Mays, Tocopheryl Acetate, CI 77499.

IMG_20211222_132924__01.jpg
Found this in my uhaul box O shaving stuff. Valobra era soap in Oxford & Cambridge. Never been used. This will be used next shave.

Per the C&S online shop, the ingredients list for the travel (No.88/O&C) soap is different from that for the regular (No.88).

(There is no new formula O&C.)

I imagine they just haven't updated their site. Valobra has not been making soap for a few years now. I have valobra made O&C for sure, but, I will not chance buying new. It would not be the first time their site was wrong with the ingredients for the soap

I just checked and see the refill pack I have is sold out. Maybe it is still the old formulation, but, there can't be that many left.

I liked the look of the alum8nium dish, so decided to treat myself to the full size. It's a very luxurious object. Forget the aluminium tins some soap comes in, this is heavy and thick and very well made. I can use this as a lathering bowl although some may find it too small for them.
I could not get any joy from the soap, so grated it and mixed it with a good cream. Result was very nice indeed.
Oh these firework images are MOST ANNOYING.

Top Bottom