What's new

New Muhle synthetic

Just received a Mühle 39k257 synthetic silvertip brush and for the price I am very impressed! Very dense and soft.
image.jpg
Looks 2 times better than my Edwin Jagger best badger right out of the box.

19mm. There’s a Merkur 34c for size comparison and that’s a captains choice regular size lather bowl with a Barrister and Mann shave soap container inside.
image.jpg

Do they make a brush with a bigger synthetic knot? I like at least 26mm.

I think so. I know they have it in the 25mm in the model posted by shave/brush. The price goes up a lot though. I was surprised that the 19mm was plenty for me. Very dense and full but makes it easy enough to control lather around hair and beard lines.

I was surprised that the 19mm was plenty for me. Very dense and full but makes it easy enough to control lather around hair and beard lines.
I have a 21mm with a bog oak handle. It's very soft and controls the lather fantastically so it doesn't surprise me that the 19mm is good too, it's not that much smaller. I had a 21mm black fibre from Mühle before and it didn't come anywhere close the silvertip fibre.

Do they make a brush with a bigger synthetic knot? I like at least 26mm.
Mühle's biggest one is 25mm but the Chinese company Frank Shaving uses the exact same fibres and they make bigger knots. They call the fibres "pur-tech" or G4. I think their biggest is 28mm.

I prefer the Edwin Jagger versions which use the same fibre but are a slightly different shape. The Muhle are more 'bulb' shaped. They are now the only brushes I use.

I have a 21mm with a bog oak handle. It's very soft and controls the lather fantastically so it doesn't surprise me that the 19mm is good too, it's not that much smaller. I had a 21mm black fibre from Mühle before and it didn't come anywhere close the silvertip fibre.

Mühle's biggest one is 25mm but the Chinese company Frank Shaving uses the exact same fibres and they make bigger knots. They call the fibres "pur-tech" or G4. I think their biggest is 28mm.

The pur-tec is the muhle silvertip fibre. The G4 is not...it's Frank Shaving attempt to replicate the muhle fibre. Not quite a good compared to the muhle but a very good synthetic brush in its own right.

The pur-tec is the muhle silvertip fibre. The G4 is not...it's Frank Shaving attempt to replicate the muhle fibre. Not quite a good compared to the muhle but a very good synthetic brush in its own right.
Thanks for clearing that up. Good to know! I wonder which company actually makes the fibres. It's in China for sure. All Mühle says in their video about them is "We found a partner". Anyway, amazing quality for being synthetic!

Thanks for clearing that up. Good to know! I wonder which company actually makes the fibres. It's in China for sure. All Mühle says in their video about them is "We found a partner". Anyway, amazing quality for being synthetic!

I would agree that it's made in China. I believe muhle guys would have had all the input in terms of how it should feel and perform...and they knocked it out of the park!

Their first release, which was discontinued back in 2012, is my favorite brush of all time. It's literally the only synthetic that feels like a badger on the face!

The current version is the best synthetic on the market, but out of most people's budget. Yaqi is my favorite brand overall for value, performance etc but muhle takes the synthetic brush to a level analogous to a Ferrari!!

Top Bottom