What's new

New Muhle Synthetic Fiber Knot in brush. Also, a Wee Scot competitor?

So, I ordered one of the newly available Muhle Silvertip Fibre knots awhile ago, and just recently got around to putting it into a handle I've had waiting.

Here's the final product.

$2012-07-09_14-39-01_750.jpg

The loft looks higher than I'd like, but with the synthetic fibers being as springy as they are, it's actually perfect. It's a 21mm knot stuffed into a custom handle. So far it is absolutely fantastic - shaved with it today.

Also, Muhle provided me with what might be a Wee Scot killer :lol:! Kidding obviously, but I am very tempted to try lathering up some soap with this little guy... It's sitting next to a standard EJ DE89 head for size reference.

$2012-07-09_14-40-15_944.jpg

Anyway, I highly encourage some hobbyists/restorers or even professional brush makers to give the Muhle knots a whirl. They're taking synthetic fibers to a whole new level.

I just got the Mühle Stylo Thuja 21 mm Silvertip Fibre brush in a complete Stylo Thuja Shaving set with stand and took it for a debut spin this evening and WoW - I'm surprised, and in a very positive way !

I have a 25 mm Muhle Classic Ivory SilvertipFibre on order and might also get the 23 mm version - these fibres from Mühle actually makes me reconsider even buying 3-Band and 2-Band Silvertip/Super badger brushes and totally go the way of the Synthetics, they are THAT great !

Reviews don't lie, this is the future of shaving brushes IMHO

This will be like when the CD took over from the LP - LP will still have its fans, just like badgers and boars will, but there will be fewer of them, and most will move over to the synthetic fibres since they will perform better and better from now on, and in my view in 4-5 years time, if evolution continues, they will outperform ANY quality natural brush, no matter its hairs.

That's a pretty sweet handle on the 21mm knot, where did you get it?

Also, how much was it for the 21mm knot?

Last edited:
where can I get a silvertip fiber knot? I have an Ever-Ready that needs a new knot...

Nice handle, too. Really like the colors.

That's a pretty sweet handle on the 21mm knot, where did you get it?

Also, how much was it for the 21mm knot?

I got the handle (custom ordered) from "Fat River Trading" on Etsy. His name is Curt out of Nampa, ID. A real pleasure to work with, and he does fantastic work. His pricing was incredibly reasonable as well.

where can I get a silvertip fiber knot? I have an Ever-Ready that needs a new knot...

Nice handle, too. Really like the colors.

Go to the contact page on Muhle's website. I sent an order request through there, and they replied with a paypal address. I sent money, and a week or so later I had a knot in my hands.

I want one but that's kind of more than I would like to spend. That knot with shipping is almost the price of a Muhle silvertip fibre brush from BGS. And does it only come in 21mm?

Here is what I'm doing with a 21mm Mühle Black Fiber knot. I'm adding it to a Kosmo Bog Oak handle, combining two parts of my favorite brushes.

$Custom.jpg

When I asked Muhle about buying just a silvertip fibre knot sent me to the $43 one, where did you find ones for $10?

I don't think they're listed on the site. You may have to do as I did and contact them directly.

I paid $23 shipped to Oregon, which I think is more than fair to get a wonderful knot as good as anything else, from Germany.

I got a 21mm knot, but I think they're available in 19, 21, and 23. And no, they do not have those threaded plugs like the one posted above.

The pricing is all over the place, for the exact same thing you ordered they are quoting $17 for the knot and almost $19 to ship it less distance than yours... Do you think the knot is worth buying or should I just go with a TGN knot and call it a day?

This has been quite the headache trying to order something so simple.

Last edited:
Go to the contact page on Muhle's website. I sent an order request through there, and they replied with a paypal address. I sent money, and a week or so later I had a knot in my hands.

That's how I ordered my brushes as well - I have 2 with their Silver Tip Fibre (haven't tried the Black Tip Fibre yet...) and the handle I wanted was by default not available with this (at the time new) synthetic fibre. One email solved the matter, exactly as described above. I have 1 home shave brush (with the Basic Nr. 02 handle in faux horn) and 1 travel shave brush in Nickel, both are to me outstanding face lathering performers.

Nice job, Wim. The fibre on this is truely amazing for a synth. It's actually TOO soft for my preferences but a lot of guys like that kind of thing. And you are right, the springy nature of them gives you lots of option on loft.

Enjoy,

Ken

I was going to order the co0mplete Muhle brush w/23 mm knot but decided to order the Jagger version instead. It doesn't seem to be available in the US yet. Same fiber, same knot, lower price. $51 including shipping.

Top Bottom