What's new

New Muehle safety razor

I don't suppose anyone has tried the new Muehle-Pinsel safety razor. I am not considering switching over from my Futur/ Feather blade combo, but it looks quite nice and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about it. Joel seems to be impressed with the Muehle brush in the Brush Wars and this has heightened my curiousity with regard to the razor. It can be found at www.muehle-pinsel.de.
Warm regards,
Alex

AJS said:
I don't suppose anyone has tried the new Muehle-Pinsel safety razor. I am not considering switching over from my Futur/ Feather blade combo, but it looks quite nice and I was just wondering if anyone knew anything more about it. Joel seems to be impressed with the Muehle brush in the Brush Wars and this has heightened my curiousity with regard to the razor. It can be found at www.muehle-pinsel.de.
Warm regards,
Alex

Alex,
It is basically an Edwin Jagger - as EJ and Muehle are essentially the same company. While I have not used the Muehle DE - I can safely say it is a Merkur razor head, just like that of the Edwin Jagger razors. A few years back I had tried a Muehle Pinsel shaving brush and wasn't that "wowed" however this "silvertip" from Nashville Knife Shop is really outta this world. It is a soft brush - but I wouldn't really call it "floppy" as it is firmer than a vulfix or a Kent, but BOY OH BOY is it soft, OUTSTANDING handle, perfect size (while it may only be a "23mm" knot, it sure looks/acts a lot larger) and the fit and finish is simply first rate. The badger hair is actually sourced from Germany and feels/looks/acts different than the Chinese badger hair. FOR THE MONEY - as far as value/luxury/quality/feel, etc - I would go as far as to say this is my favorite brush under $100.... in fact, I personally like this brush more than some of my brushes that are 4X the cost. To each their own... but for me - $80 for this superb quality made in Germany shaving brush with German Badger hair - I think it is one hell of a brush, and one HELL of a good value. There are only a few brushes I can honestly say I would have NO problem using daily as my only brush - such as the Simpson PJ2.... well I have to add another - as personally I could use this Muehle every day, and enjoy the hell out of it.

Some have remarked their Muehles have been "floppy" etc - however at least this particular brush I have in this model/style/cut isn't what I would call floppy at all, and is like a softer version of the PJ2.... really world class. I can't wait to see how it performs with hard soaps, and other creams - and as always - I have the right to change my opinion of the brush.... but so far, I am quite a fan.

Top Bottom