What's new

NEW Mühle R89 & R41 GRANDE

How does the R41 when compared to a Merkur Slant in terms of aggresiveness and smoothness?

I'm currently on EJ 89 and Slim.
I'm sure it would vary from person to person but I found them to be very similar in feel while shaving for smoothness. Both have a similar, minimal, feel of hair resistance during the shave although I would say that the Slant gives me a closer shave after following the same routine.

This doesn't necessarily prove that the Slant is more aggressive but I just think it is and another indicator to that is how that the Slant always gives a cleaner finish (with all the lather being completely removed during the pass) where the 12C Open Comb and even this R41 Grande Open Comb leave some lather traces behind them.

Remember though that I've only been using the R41 for over a week and am still working exceptionally gently so other folk’s results may vary. Even with this special care, apart from the Slant, it's easily more aggressive than any other razor I've tried so I won't be hurrying to go at it any heavier.

The R41 Grande may not be for everyone, but I find it to have a good overall character and I'll happily keep it here as part of my three razor set-up.

Mark

well, you could DIY and order the following:

- Muhle R41 in Chrome handle
- R106 Black in Closed Comb
- R102 2010 Ivory in OC
- MWF in Ceramic Dish
- 120 Gillette 7 O Clock Yellows

then you have 3 different handles, 3 different heads and all interchangeable, MWF in Ceramic Dish and 120 Gillette 7 O Clock Yellows for the same price as the iKon H20 or less

total Shipped to US/CAD for $154 from Connaught.... or $102 for the 3 razors and you'd have $50 to spend on whatever else you want.

it's a no brainer if you ask me.

No argument on price, but I'm keeping my OSS, thank you.
proxy.php

Best razor I own. Period.

Ken

I was tempted to buy both the R41 & the Grande, but now I'm tempted to buy those two PLUS the iKon. That thing looks awesome!

We'll see how much $$$ santa brings me.

The Mühle R89 has been my daily shaver for a while (with a brief flirtation with the Feather AS, since sold), and I just upgraded to the R89 Grande. I've only shaved with it once so far, but my initial impression is positive. The added weight seems to help it slip through the stubble just a little bit more easily and the larger size seems more comfortable in my hand without being too cumbersome. The original R89 had been doing double-duty for both me and my wife, so now the Grande and the original are paired as "his and hers" razors. Strictly speaking, however, they are both mine as I do all the shaving in our household--my face as well as my wife's legs and other necessary upkeep.

I've been using the R89 Grande for several weeks now and have been pretty satisfied after every shave. In fact, the R89 Grande has been my go-to razor since it joined my den. However, I'm always looking for something just a tad better. Do you think I'd notice a significant "improvement" going from the R89 Grande to the R41 Grande?

I've had my R41 grande for a while. I'm still getting used to it and am using mild blades like personna reds . I still think if I tried I could skin a cow with this razor. It looks and feels great. Basically my favorite razor right now. I bought it on impulse at Pasteurs.
$photo 3.jpg

Top Bottom