What's new

NEW Mühle R89 & R41 GRANDE

honestly the regular muhles are just too light. I had an R89 and ended up selling it even though it gave me great shaves but always left me with irritation because i had to add some pressure to be able to get a clean shave even with sharp blades. This might solve that problem.

and one of the reasons why I'm liking the 3-piece razors these days.
+1 ... I've been wanting some manufacturer to put out a 3x3 kit ... 3 heads, 3 handles, all interchangeable. I'm sure a company like Merkur already makes the products, its just a matter of bundling the right pieces together and market it as a set.

I think it would be a huge seller.

+1 ... I've been wanting some manufacturer to put out a 3x3 kit ... 3 heads, 3 handles, all interchangeable. I'm sure a company like Merkur already makes the products, its just a matter of bundling the right pieces together and market it as a set.

What a great idea!

i just purchased the new r41 and love it,the only thing i wished is that it had a longer handle so im excited about the new grande handle,i will definately be getting one,

Those iKons are nice, but for the price, you could have both a R89, R41 Grande and be able to swap heads/handles between the two and still have money left over. Though the iKons have a ultra modern design aesthetic. You could probably use their handle with the Muhle heads too.

Those iKons are nice, but for the price, you could have both a R89, R41 Grande and be able to swap heads/handles between the two and still have money left over. Though the iKons have a ultra modern design aesthetic. You could probably use their handle with the Muhle heads too.

well, you could DIY and order the following:

- Muhle R41 in Chrome handle
- R106 Black in Closed Comb
- R102 2010 Ivory in OC
- MWF in Ceramic Dish
- 120 Gillette 7 O Clock Yellows

then you have 3 different handles, 3 different heads and all interchangeable, MWF in Ceramic Dish and 120 Gillette 7 O Clock Yellows for the same price as the iKon H20 or less

total Shipped to US/CAD for $154 from Connaught.... or $102 for the 3 razors and you'd have $50 to spend on whatever else you want.

it's a no brainer if you ask me.

Last edited:
If I understand you correctly you do this with a Joris? I don't think I'd dare do that with a Superspeed! :tongue_sm
That is correct. sometimes I grip mid-handle tho.

Actually, ATG on the neck with the Joris is pretty easy and irritation free.

I've added a second Joris that is much lighter than the lined one I have. After shaving with it a week, I actually prefer the lighter handle, which makes me think there will not be much difference at all between the R41 and R41 Grande.

Last edited:
Looks like I'll be getting the Grande as a back up to the current R41. Depending on how it feels it might just make my current one the back up.

I've been shaving for a week today with the new R41 Grande and have been impressed with this razor.

As widely noted, it's an aggressive razor alright but I prefer this style anyway as it means I can operate all the lighter and still get a good finish as the hairs are still being mowed clean with much less skin annoyance - It may involve more time and attention but I think an aggressive razor is the kindest if you use it super gentle.

My daily shave razors previous to this were the 12c and 39c Barberpoles so I found it similar there and easy to get used to. There is a slightly longer and fatter handle on the Grande but the knurling is really mild in comparison to the Merkurs so if there is one thing I would mark it down on, this is it. I would like a bit more bite there. Despite the extra size, it's still a fair bit lighter than the Barberpoles although that didn't seem to make any difference during the shave. The balance is great!

Build quality and assembly are superb so the blade sits perfect every time with no adjustments necessary to square it.

I like this razor and would recommend it :w00t:

Cheers,

Mark

I've been shaving for a week today with the new R41 Grande and have been impressed with this razor.

As widely noted, it's an aggressive razor alright but I prefer this style anyway as it means I can operate all the lighter and still get a good finish as the hairs are still being mowed clean with much less skin annoyance - It may involve more time and attention but I think an aggressive razor is the kindest if you use it super gentle.

My daily shave razors previous to this were the 12c and 39c Barberpoles so I found it similar there and easy to get used to. There is a slightly longer and fatter handle on the Grande but the knurling is really mild in comparison to the Merkurs so if there is one thing I would mark it down on, this is it. I would like a bit more bite there. Despite the extra size, it's still a fair bit lighter than the Barberpoles although that didn't seem to make any difference during the shave. The balance is great!

Build quality and assembly are superb so the blade sits perfect every time with no adjustments necessary to square it.

I like this razor and would recommend it :w00t:

Cheers,

Mark

Glad to hear it. The handle is too big for me. I'm considering selling it or buying another handle for it at the very least.

If the head is the same then what is the point. Jagger does this all the time and gets away with it too. People go out and buy the same razor all over again. It's time these companies became creative and made something new like a twist to open or a new head since they all ready have all these handles.

How does the R41 when compared to a Merkur Slant in terms of aggresiveness and smoothness?

I'm currently on EJ 89 and Slim.

Top Bottom