What's new

New Mühle Companion - an unisex razor

I never shave in the shower or after that. Good thing that cord is removable.
Just watched Geo's review. If he says it is more aggressive than the DE89 and 34C, then I might actually buy it. When you have passed the 100 mark, one more or less razor, doesn't really make any diffrence, right? :lol:

I never shave in the shower or after that. Good thing that cord is removable.
Just watched Geo's review. If he says it is more aggressive than the DE89 and 34C, then I might actually buy it. When you have passed the 100 mark, one more or less razor, doesn't really make any diffrence, right? :lol:
You got nothing to loose If you buy it from Amazon because it's returnable.

You got nothing to loose If you buy it from Amazon because it's returnable.

Amazon? There are also European members on the forum. Quite a lot of alternatives here. And we are not being pampered like you in the States. Returning a non-defective item is a no-no in most cases.

Amazon? There are also European members on the forum. Quite a lot of alternatives here. And we are not being pampered like you in the States. Returning a non-defective item is a no-no in most cases.
If you buy one, buy it from where ever you please. Makes no difference to me. I have no problems returning an item I don't like if it's offered.

I just bought this razor because of the longer handle and great design choices.

... But am I missing something? Why is it called a unisex razor? Does gender care? Is it differentiating between womens and mens skin?

Cmon Mühle, we dont need this kind of marketing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just bought this razor because of the longer handle and great design choices.

... But am I missing something? Why is it called a unisex razor? Does gender care? Is it differentiating between womens and mens skin?

Cmon Mühle, we dont need this kind of marketing.
It's how they've chosen to market THEIR product, what's the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's how he's chosen to react to HIS impression of their marketing, what's the problem?
Sure, totally, that is how he chose to react. The problem is that it's not his product to market to his consumers, it's that of Muhle, and his reaction was immature at best. And it's not really a problem per se, it's just have an opinion on the matter.

I would assume Muhle has taken this approach because they want to sell their products to women too - they do make up just over 50% of the market, and they also shave. But it would stand to reason, because of how DE razors have traditionally been marketed, that women might not immediately know that it's a "unisex" razor. It's up to Muhle, through their marketing, to correct this misconception and try their hand at selling to women. So instead of making it pink they launched a marketing campaign instead. Does this really seem reasonably offensive in any way whatsoever? I say no.

Remember, you asked.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Sure, totally, that is how he chose to react. The problem is that it's not his product to market to his consumers, it's that of Muhle, and his reaction was immature at best. And it's not really a problem per se, it's just have an opinion on the matter.

I would assume Muhle has taken this approach because they want to sell their products to women too - they do make up just over 50% of the market, and they also shave. But it would stand to reason, because of how DE razors have traditionally been marketed, that women might not immediately know that it's a "unisex" razor. It's up to Muhle, through their marketing, to correct this misconception and try their hand at selling to women. So instead of making it pink they launched a marketing campaign instead. Does this really seem reasonably offensive in any way whatsoever? I say no.

Remember, you asked.
Since subtlety didn't work, we'll try the direct approach.

That's his opinion, as is the decision of Muhle to market as they want.

There's no problem with Muhle marketing as they see fit.
There's no problem with people having a poor opinion of the marketing that Muhle chooses to use.
There's no problem with you defending the marketing choices of Muhle.

What is a problem is members here calling out other members and asking them what their "problem" is for stating an opinion.
What is a problem is saying that someone's opinion is "immature at best."

You've a right to your opinion, and so does he. It's not your place to call him out on it and it's certainly not your right to call him names.

If you had just replied to his post with

I would assume Muhle has taken this approach because they want to sell their products to women too.
But it would stand to reason, because of how DE razors have traditionally been marketed, that women might not immediately know that it's a "unisex" razor. It's up to Muhle, through their marketing, to correct this misconception and try their hand at selling to women. So instead of making it pink they launched a marketing campaign instead.

Everything would have been fine.

Since subtlety didn't work, we'll try the direct approach.

That's his opinion, as is the decision of Muhle to market as they want.

There's no problem with Muhle marketing as they see fit.
There's no problem with people having a poor opinion of the marketing that Muhle chooses to use.
There's no problem with you defending the marketing choices of Muhle.

What is a problem is members here calling out other members and asking them what their "problem" is for stating an opinion.
What is a problem is saying that someone's opinion is "immature at best."

You've a right to your opinion, and so does he. It's not your place to call him out on it and it's certainly not your right to call him names.

If you had just replied to his post with

Everything would have been fine.
I don't disagree, you are 100% correct, beyond a doubt. But, like I said, you asked. Otherwise I was genuinely interested in his reply. I'm not now, but I was.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I don't disagree, you are 100% correct, beyond a doubt. But, like I said, you asked. Otherwise I was genuinely interested in his reply. I'm not now, but I was.

It is a very poor choice to show interest in someone's reply by asking them what their problem is.
Just ask them without being belligerent.

It is a very poor choice to show interest in someone's reply by asking them what their problem is.
Just ask them without being belligerent.
Well, my question was more about the problem with the marketing campaign, and not the problem with the user. But, I guess it's 6 in one, and a half-dozen in other to some folks. 🤷‍♂️

milder not necessarily means less efficient. This razor seems to have a totally different geometry than the R89, tighter blade clamping, more controlled angle and exposure. It might be surprisingly efficient

We have two in the house, as the Companion was the choice of both my GF and one of her sons (the other chose the R89) and I can attest to your statement; the Companion is mild yet surprisingly efficient.

The blade is also completely enclosed, which is nice.

The only thing I don't like is the flimsy rope. It looks nice, it is a nice feature in the shower but it breaks easily.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Well, my question was more about the problem with the marketing campaign, and not the problem with the user. But, I guess it's 6 in one, and a half-dozen in other to some folks. 🤷‍♂️
This is not about someone misunderstanding you. It's about you being rude.
Which you continue to do, post after post in this exchange, and it's getting tiresome.
The issue with not being clear is entirely with you and is your responsibility and no one else.

You want to keep this running or you want to take the advice onboard and move on?

I’m sorry if I’m coming across as rude, that isn’t my intention at all. I literally don’t understand why there’s an issue with me asking what “the problem” is with a marketing campaign. My reasoning for not outlining why I disagree is because I didn’t actually know why @Iliev thought it was terrible marketing, which is why I asked. Maybe he thought it was a particularly masculine razor and isn’t appropriately marketed toward women. Anyway you look at it, I was genuinely interested in why this was terrible marketing. I guess I’ll see myself out.

Oh boy it looks I havent missed anything.

All in all I love the companion. The build quality at least to me is really good. Precisely crafted, great weight and overall very good performance. The only thing Id love is a replacement open comb design head. So far Ive had some trouble catching some the shaving cream with it and not getting a close enough feel on my skin. That to be honest may be just my switch coming from SE Gem Razors which are really agressive. I will try a lighter soap soon.

Other than that this razor is definitely recommended! The Design itself is a statement.

Top Bottom