What's new

New Mr Fine line

That's a lot for a Razorock soap.
That's a lot for even the Tier 1 super duper soaps, 20+ bucks for shaving soap
is decreasing my appetite although there are plenty I would like to have. As new
and evolving as this "hobby" is there comes a limit as with everything else.
On the other hand, put an item out there, put a price on it and someone will buy it.

JCarr

More Deep Thoughts than Jack Handy
Recently picked up Fine Aquamarine. Absolutely love the scent. It almost beats out Goodfellas'Smile Abysso for the top spot of my favorite aquatic scent. Time to pick up a few more Fine soaps.

I don’t like it at all.

Fine soap was my second ever shaving soap when I first started wet shaving (Proraso of course the first). And I’ve bought quite a few pucks ever since. I was bummed that I could find the hard pucks but thought I’d try the new formula. Bad move.

I lack space so I have to keep my soaps sideways. But the Fine soap is so mushy that it just bunches up and gets all over when I open the lid. Plus. I just don’t like lathering with creams. It doesn’t work out as well for my face lathering. Oh well. 😐

42827194-6E17-47A5-8CF7-0F8FCCEEB96E.jpeg

I don’t like it at all.

Fine soap was my second ever shaving soap when I first started wet shaving (Proraso of course the first). And I’ve bought quite a few pucks ever since. I was bummed that I could find the hard pucks but thought I’d try the new formula. Bad move.

I lack space so I have to keep my soaps sideways. But the Fine soap is so mushy that it just bunches up and gets all over when I open the lid. Plus. I just don’t like lathering with creams. It doesn’t work out as well for my face lathering. Oh well. [emoji52]

View attachment 1292924
Mine is nowhere near that loose.

I can easily store mine on its side without it moving at all.

Looks like a faulty batch. Or is it 100 degrees where you are?

(Sent from mobile)

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Just a few of my thoughts on this pseudo-intellectual claptrap are imbedded, above. lol
"I am a fat animal, which is typical for a fried American."

This is basically what I got out of all the work you put into your post.

And I am not insulted, since it's ALL true.

But you really didn't need to be so brutal my friend!

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
That's a lot for even the Tier 1 super duper soaps, 20+ bucks for shaving soap
is decreasing my appetite although there are plenty I would like to have. As new
and evolving as this "hobby" is there comes a limit as with everything else.
On the other hand, put an item out there, put a price on it and someone will buy it.
With a name like "Racquet" I would like to go into the soap business. It involves rebranding Arko sticks....

Dammit! Where's the Sandalwood? IMO they had the best Sandalwood AS.
Yes, I'm also disappointed that it doesn't seem like that scent is going to make it into the new base. Maybe there was some kind of expense in sourcing the oils or something like that.

(Sent from mobile)

I don’t like it at all.

I lack space so I have to keep my soaps sideways. But the Fine soap is so mushy that it just bunches up and gets all over when I open the lid. Plus. I just don’t like lathering with creams. It doesn’t work out as well for my face lathering. Oh well. 😐

View attachment 1292924
Has to be a faulty batch. I have two of the new formula and neither do that. I load right out of the tub then set the tub upside down to drain the excess moisture. I once left it like that overnight and it's never done this.

Mine is nowhere near that loose.

I can easily store mine on its side without it moving at all.

Looks like a faulty batch. Or is it 100 degrees where you are?

(Sent from mobile)

it’s been warm lately but not that bad. I store my shave soaps in the linen closet in my bathroom. Never get warmer than 80s in here. Maybe bad batch. Its wet and reminds me of when mayonnaise separates.

Top Bottom