What's new

New Midwesterner Joining the Chat

Hello all,

I am excited to be diving in here and joining the discussions after lurking on the edges for many moons. Long time listener, first time caller.

I know, and accept, that everyone who shaves is welcome in these forums which I love. However, I felt it was my time to join as I have officially jumped off the deep end and wound up purchasing a 1970s Gillette (109 — “Black Beauty“ long handle). I have DE shaved for ~7 years now. I began with a Merkur and it was very fine. It treated me mildly better than a cheap Harry’s razor, but didn’t give me joy nor keep my eye from wandering.

In the last year, I have experimented with two Muhles R41 & R89 (polar opposites don’t I know); two different Gillette cartridges; and countless variations of preparation (blades, cream, salves, aftershave, etc.). Needless to say, I am in a pursuit to get a repeatable and comfortable shave.

I look forward to engaging with you all in this seemingly never-ending journey and hobby!

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia. Thanks for taking the time to check in with us and to introduce yourself.

Welcome to this forum. Love this group! I am a new member as well and have experienced only kindness and great information!

Top Bottom