What's new

New Mexico find

Raven Koenes

My precious!
I'm in Farmington NM after Sundance and I picked up a post war tech and an English tech at an antique shop for 30 dollars us. I had bought what was tagged as a pre-war tech. TobyC pointed out it was a post war tech, so I exchanged it for a pristine gold plated post war tech that was five dollars cheaper. I shaved with the English tech. I found it way more mild than what I'm used to. My judgement is still out on it as I prefer more aggressive. It is official I now have two vintage razors in my collection. I never thought I would because I collect current production razors. The rad continues.
20170724_180518.jpg
20170724_180643.jpg
20170724_180624.jpg

Last edited:

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I haven't been to Farmington, New Mexico since high school.
What memories. Thanks

Nice score too with those razors.

Nina Wopida Tanka! Pidamaya!

One of my favorites is the English flat bottom Tech. Just a touch of blade feel. Very different from other Techs. If you like a bit more aggressive, it's as blade forward as Techs get.
IMG_0438.JPG
IMG_0439.JPG

Raven Koenes

My precious!
Hau Hoka, Pilamaya it was a good one! We got home last night. Also, thanks for the lesson in Dakota...nice to see the subtle differences. I'll be keeping my eye out for the English flat bottom tech. I would like to date the English tech I have now. The antique store dated it as 1936 which is wrong. According to TobyC it is clearly a post war tech. I think the ball handle is aluminium. The head is zamak with no plating loss. Today I'll give the 1956 American tech a try paired with a feather for added oomph. Again Pilamaya.

Toby the cap on the English tech is stamped A 2. Any idea of the date?

Probably just quality control marks that tell us nothing. Date codes, if any, would be on the baseplate, and since it's made in England, they too would be of no help. Just shave, and get a pre-war!
Look for short bars on the cap before you buy a pre-war, like these.

100_2029.JPG

Top Bottom