What's new

Hello everyone. I have just gotten into using a safety razor very recently and my first time using one was last week. It was a great experience and it was such a smooth shave. The safety razor was a Wilkinson Sword Premium safety razor (Stainless Steel version). I had decided to try something new as I was getting bored with using a cartridge razor. I was very surprised at the smoothness.

I’m happy to be a part of the forum!

So far I have tried the Wilkinson Sword blades which came with the razor and they work nicely. I have purchased these other blades from store brand (The blades themselves are basically Personna blades produced in Germany).

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. Dialing in the “perfect combo” of razor, blade, soap, etc is all part of the insanity…. Err I mean fun. :biggrin1:

When you get a minute hop over to the Hall of Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

With a starter kit from Fendrihan as a Christmas gift from my family. From there it was lots of practice to hone technique with what I had. I then started digging into the soap, brush and razor sections and it's been down the rabbit hole since then.

With a starter kit from Fendrihan as a Christmas gift from my family. From there it was lots of practice to hone technique with what I had. I then started digging into the soap, brush and razor sections and it's been down the rabbit hole since then.
Oh that’s pretty cool. What other safety razors did you buy ?

Oh man. I have a Schone open comb, a Tech, a New Long Comb, a Slim adjustable, a Red Tip and the Charcoal Goods designed set of heads from WCS. The only one that I bought for myself was the long comb. Everything else was gifted from family.

The Schone just didn't work for me and will likely end up here on the BST. The tech is nice but not my favorite. I'm still trying to figure out the slim with different blades and settings. My go to was the CG OC head until I got the New Long Comb. I thought I was going to be in the Brotherhood Of The Open Comb until I was recently gifted a Red Tip.

Oh man. I have a Schone open comb, a Tech, a New Long Comb, a Slim adjustable, a Red Tip and the Charcoal Goods designed set of heads from WCS. The only one that I bought for myself was the long comb. Everything else was gifted from family.

The Schone just didn't work for me and will likely end up here on the BST. The tech is nice but not my favorite. I'm still trying to figure out the slim with different blades and settings. My go to was the CG OC head until I got the New Long Comb. I thought I was going to be in the Brotherhood Of The Open Comb until I was recently gifted a Red Tip.
At least you save a lot of money as you won’t need to buy a lot of razors. I’ve heard open combs tend to be aggressive such as the Fatip ones.

Top Bottom