What's new

Hello guys, the names Taylor, I'm 20 and I'm a wet shaver. I probably gotten into wet shaving about a year ago, since i was tired of expensive Gillette cartridges, and i liked how the older razors looked, so i tried it and liked the way my face felt afterwards. glad i found this site of other wet shavers ^_^. anyways it seems like i'm the only young Adult who shaves the old fashion way anymore.

Not true! but welcome to the forum :) My 17 yr old son and my husband both wet shave. They have said they definitely prefer it!

Taylor, Welcome to a great site. Look around there's a lot of info but don't hesitate to ask as many members will be glad to help.
So what "software"~Soaps, creams etc or "Hardware" ~razors, brushes do you own?

my shaving soap, bowl, and brush is Van der Hagen, and i believe my Gillette double edge Razor dates from around 1940's-1950's

Welcome! I think this form of shaving in general is such a rare thing these days that it seems like we're the only ones we know, but it seems like it may be becoming more popular. As for age, I'm 24 so not much older and just got into this a couple months ago.

Again, welcome and enjoy the wealth of info you'll find here (and ty to avoid the difficult temptation to order EVERYTHING You see on here!

Welcome Taylor! An old vintage Gillette? If you posted some pictures of it I'm sure the fine folks here could identify it for you. You will find no better source of information about our chosen pursuit on the web. As others have said, feel free to ask any questions you have, you will get honest answers.

Again, welcome and enjoy the wealth of info you'll find here (and ty to avoid the difficult temptation to order EVERYTHING You see on here!

HA! That's funn-- oh, you were serious.

Welcome! Not even close to the only one brother. 23 here. Four of my friends that are all younger than me all use the traditional shaving method

Welcome to B&B, Taylor! We've got all age groups here and everyone has something to share and learn! Our common denominator, besides wetshaving, is our desire for gentlemanly (and lady-like) discourse. Quite refreshing from the usual forums and blogs!!

Don't be afraid to ask questions, post pictures, share what you learn with others, and join in the fun!

Enjoy your shaves!

gentlemanly discourse as in old fashion manners and such? I'm definitly a gentleman as i like to help people with doors and such.

welcome. we have many young de shavers here. two of my lil cousins wetshave. and yes, much better than cartridge, even when I could say that objectively.

this is my Razor-

Attachments

• $Picture 6.jpg
    $Picture 6.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 35
  • $Picture 7.jpg
    $Picture 7.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 35
  • $Picture 8.jpg
    $Picture 8.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 36
Top Bottom