What's new

New Member & Shave Question

Hello everyone, I'm new here but not new to wet shaving. But I have been on a wet shave hiatus for a couple years. But I just started back up and I bought a couple of razors. I had been using an Edwin Jagger 89, but that got lost during a move last year. I bought a King Gillette about 3 weeks ago and it has been working remarkably well for me. It reminded me a lot of the Edwin Jagger as far as performance. Last night I got my Parker 94r. This morning was the first shave with it and it was remarkably a great shave. I have been using sharks with my King Gillette but I used the Parker blades that came with the razor this morning. This morning I also used Cremo sandalwood shaving cream. So, I'm real happy with the Parker. I think it's a tad bit more aggressive. Anyway, I was wonder if anyone had any recommendations on other razors that are similar to The Parker 94r? Thanks!

P.S. ... and also blade recommendations like the Parker blades. I'm used to blue personnas, but I don't want anything more sharp, Im not comfortable with Astras

Welcome Dave! You have uttered the magic words to summon the Enablers, " . . . if anyone had any recommendations . . ." You shall now be gifted with suggestions aplenty, lots of good folks looking to help you--in the best way possible--to part with your hard earned money. You likely could not find a better group of helpful folks than here. So rest assured you are in good hands . . . but keep an eye on your wallet, the Rabbit awaits.

76224768-DA09-453A-9838-1A81D48CCD95.jpeg

I am 66 and new around here. The first razor I purchased was the Gillette King and Jagger 89. I jumped down the rabbit hole and bought several more. I am liking the mild razor and sharp blade strategy. If you want to try that approach, I suggest the Henson AL 13 and Rockwell 6C.
Welcome to the forum!

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
Welcome to B&B iIf you like mid range razors I would suggest a Razorock game changer.84 or a the Razorock Lupo.72 work very well and are well built of Stainless steel. I own both and prefer the Lupo because it has a little more blade feel.

Top Bottom