What's new

New member, newish shaver

Hey group,
I'm about two years in to DE shaving. It has made waking up early for work slightly more enjoyable.
TOBS products, German creams, sleeves of too many razors...never again will I have to cheap out on blade replacement like the old max Xtreme razor head days.

My uncle recently passed away and left behind some razors that I particularly enjoy. They're obviously not too old, but I haven't been able to identify them. Anyone recognize these?

20170701_085836.jpg 20170701_085836.jpg 20170701_085836.jpg 20170701_085842.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're Personna blades, the kind that are sold at Walgreens/cvs. Personnas are good blades and I'd recommend trying reds and blues in tryablade.com to determine which flavor you enjoy. I'm not entirely sure if the Personna blades you are enjoying are reds or blues, though I'm 80% sure those are Personna reds or Personna Israeli reds. I'm glad you like them; they're an excellent brand.

Welcome @Motofish
A little more history of your uncle and those blades and you would help.
You mention German creams... are you in or near Germany?
Was your uncle in the military?
Things like that....

Howdy! and welcome to Badger and Blade. Check out the safety razor section for help with the blades. looks like personnas though.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Looks like you are well on your way.

The blades in your post could be Personna barber blades and were sold at leading pharmacies for a long while, sometimes under the store brand/name, sometimes blank.

Sometimes the unbranded ones are Dorco but without the card pack attached it might be hard to determine.

I'll post a pic of both the Personna and Dorco blades in the card pack if you want to look closer at yours

Do not be shy about joining in ANY of the conversations and meeting the members. We're all good friends here on B&B

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

proxy.php
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B

Looks like you are well on your way.

proxy.php

That's why I asked about military service...that dispenser is also identical to the Exchange Select brand of blades sold in the AAFES stores on Army and AF bases... Blades are Made in Israel.. likely Personna Reds.. they are a nice shave.

Last edited:
Those suggestions and photos definitely solved the mystery. I've been working through a collection of Derby blades and wasn't expecting the difference to be so noticable. I'll check out tryablade.
My uncle was not internet savy so the CVS link makes sense. He was not military. About the German creams....I once flew Austrian airlines from the sandbox and had a flight postponed. They gave me an overnight bag with some creme that was beyond awesome. I threw the single use squeeze bottle away and have been searching for shave cream from that manufacturer ever since. The name was Bome... something

Those suggestions and photos definitely solved the mystery. I've been working through a collection of Derby blades and wasn't expecting the difference to be so noticable. I'll check out tryablade.
My uncle was not internet savy so the CVS link makes sense. He was not military. About the German creams....I once flew Austrian airlines from the sandbox and had a flight postponed. They gave me an overnight bag with some creme that was beyond awesome. I threw the single use squeeze bottle away and have been searching for shave cream from that manufacturer ever since. The name was Bome... something
Call the Austrian airline and ask what the cream was. ....

Welcome to B&B, Motofish! There is a shaving cream called Baume.BE that is made in Belgium. Could that be it?

Top Bottom