What's new

New member intro

Thanks! It's nice seeing all the variety on here. Doesn't really tempt me much.

I like trying different aftershaves. I wouldn't mind finding something different for the head but not critical. I do have a few razors I cycle through but not looking to buy another now. I actually just got one for myself. Last time I bought one for myself was several years ago. It's fun trying new ones my family buys me from time to time.

I don’t use aftershaves any longer, but when I did, the Speick Aftershave Lotion was my favorite! Lots of skin food ingredients at a fair price and a fabulous fresh green scent.

1672685914344.png

Thanks, I saw that today in the knights of speick thread and I'm looking to try it. I like menthol in my aftershave.

If you’re looking for the ice cold menthol kick please know the Speick is a very subtle cooling, more refreshing than cold, not the arctic kick some love around here!

😎

If you’re looking for the ice cold menthol kick please know the Speick is a very subtle cooling, not the arctic kick some love around here! 😎
Good to know. I like aqua velva ice blue. So, it's probably milder then that.

I did get some cremo mint cooling shaving cream for Christmas and tried it today. I couldn't stand it. My eyes were watering all up. Probably didn't help my entire face/neck/ and head was covered in it.

I have to imagine my grandpa had to of kept up with his tetanus shot
He probably did! As many nails and post staples that we stepped on and barbed wire fence punctures we sustained while sneaking in and out of peoples pastures to fish in their ponds we were fortunate not to sustain “Lock-Jaw”. I am sure mom would make sure we got a tetanus shot every few years.

He probably did! As many nails and post staples that we stepped on and barbed wire fence punctures we sustained while sneaking in and out of peoples pastures to fish in their ponds we were fortunate not to sustain “Lock-Jaw”. I am sure mom would make sure we got a tetanus shot every few years.
I can definitely relate to that. I still have a nice size scare on my leg from a nail sticking out of a post I was stupidly jumping over. Told my parents I don't know how that happened on the way to go get stitches.

My grandpa was an old farmer his whole life. Loved being out there on the farm.

Good to know. I like aqua velva ice blue. So, it's probably milder then that.

I did get some cremo mint cooling shaving cream for Christmas and tried it today. I couldn't stand it. My eyes were watering all up. Probably didn't help my entire face/neck/ and head was covered in it.

I think you’ll like the Speick, just the right amount of cool 👍🏻

Thank you!

Not that I need any excuse to use the toggle but this thread made it especially more nostalgic and enjoyable to use the toggle this morning

IMG_20230102_224433081.jpg

I've thought about having it sent out to be professionally cleaned and touched up or even replated but just can't do it yet. That red dot and black in the numbers is actually pretty faded. Drop a touch of mineral oil and it brightens up like magic and the gold shines a bit more.

Welcome to B&B Jason.

And thank you for sharing your touching story with us. I think it’s awesome that you have been taught through the bloodline. And amazing razors to boot! My son turned 16 in December and started his DE journey with a Gillette Slim. Yours will definitely serve him and future ‘little me’s’ very well.

I applaud your somewhat minimalist approach - I hope you can withstand the collection force of B&B! :cuppa: I for one couldn’t!

Enjoy!

Guido

Welcome to B&B Jason.

And thank you for sharing your touching story with us. I think it’s awesome that you have been taught through the bloodline. And amazing razors to boot! My son turned 16 in December and started his DE journey with a Gillette Slim. Yours will definitely serve him and future ‘little me’s’ very well.

I applaud your somewhat minimalist approach - I hope you can withstand the collection force of B&B! :cuppa: I for one couldn’t!

Enjoy!

Guido

Thanks! And again it's so amazing what you did for the follow poster.

I look forward to showing my son how to shave and handing down the razor to him. Even if he doesn't end up using it down the road I hope he passes it down the line. My grandpa would be happy about that. Eventually he will have the rest of my small collection including great gramps. As long as he keeps those two together and I'll be happy.

Excellent. I was too young to learning shaving from my granddad and both he and my dad were more Phillips Norelco anyways. Since I was born when cartridges came into play I have moved most of my adult life knowing nothing about DE shaving. I am quickly catching on!!

Cheers,

Guido

My other grandpa and my dad were and are electric users. My dad bought me an electric one year when I was in highschool. A Braun foil I think it was. Couldn't stand it. He probably still doesn't understand why I still use a razor.

Top Bottom