What's new

New Member. Hi!

Welcome aboard! Superspeeds have a reputation of being a great razor. I know I love the ones I have.
I am in agreement with others, try a sampler of blades. They are a whole lot less expensive than a razor.
Astra, Nacet, GSB, would be good starts.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Welcome to B&B. We’re glad to have you here.

Asking for advice on this forum will get you roughly 4,237,163 different answers and razor/blade combinations. My advice is to do what I did. Buy 15 razors, 2,000 various blades, 40-50 different soaps/creams, and about 15 brushes. After that use different combinations of the razors/blades/soaps/brushes for about 5yrs until you figure out what you like. Then decide there may be a better combination and start all over again. 😄

Seriously, the super speed is a good razor. I’d suggest trying different blades in it until you find a combo you like rather than buying a new razor. Try to eliminate as many variables as possible. Stick with that razor and learn to use it well. Switch blades out so that if you get a bad shave you’ll know for sure it’s the blade and not bad technique with the razor.

When you get a chance head over to The Hall I’d Fame and tell us a little about yourself.

Welcome to B&B where the information abounds, the people are interesting and we have a few rabbit holes to explore 😁
That being said the razor you already have, the Super Speed, is a good solid choice. You have been given great advice on working on blade choice and technique. My suggestion is, at least while working on it, try moving your shave time to the evening to give yourself time... Don't rush...Enjoy the shave.
I moved mine to the end of the day, on evenings I'm not at work for 24 hours or until midnight, and I use it as sort of an evening meditation routine which has resulted in some amazing shaves.

Top Bottom