What's new

New member here...checking in!

Good evening, everyone.
I started wet shaving about 3 years ago simply to save money on expensive equipment. Soon, I realized that shaving could be an experience instead of a chore....a calming experience that I looked forward to.
Since that time, I sure haven't saved any money because I've moved from basic equipment to more and better razors, soaps, etc. But, it's been worth it.
This is my long way of introducing myself to what seems to be a great group of forums and people. I look forward to it. Happy Shaving!

Hah hah! Yes, I’ve noticed that despite the blades being much cheaper, it seems I’m experiencing the exact opposite effect on my wallet. [emoji848]

At least you are enjoying something that you dreaded. That's how it gets started but you have so much information here which will help you make the right decisions. Enjoy the ride!

Glad you are here! Favorite razor, brush, soap, blade?
Man, that is a tough one....because I like quite a few different combinations..BUT..if I had to choose one:
My late father's 1963 Gillette Slim Adjustable on setting 6 with a Pol Silver blade
RazoRock XXX soap (croap? I guess?)
I generally use a Maggard 26 MM synthetic with this because it's so easy to load this soap and so fast to do a face lather for me that is quick and glides very well
Aftershave?--- I usually reach first for Floid Vigoroso

Totally different setup:
Rockwell 6S on plate 5 with Personna Lab Blue
Semogue Boar lathering Stirling Piacenza
Finish with Fine Italian citrus
on muggy, hot days down here in the South-- I never go wrong with Osage Rub

Last edited:
Good evening every one
I have just joined , I have been wet shaving for past 2 decades , recently i upgraded to trufit and hill brush and Gillete fusion pro glide power razor , i find that blades are expensive and do not last more then an week , can any one suggest an alternate ?

Glad you are here! Favorite razor, brush, soap, blade?
My fav brush is trufitt and hill Wellington , cream is jack black supreme and Vicodin sandalwood , have not tried razor yet except Gillette cartridge with all their upgrade models currently using flexibility power but I am serious
Y thinking of Mekur futur

My fav brush is trufitt and hill Wellington , cream is jack black supreme and Vicodin sandalwood , have not tried razor yet except Gillette cartridge with all their upgrade models currently using flexibility power but I am serious
Y thinking of Mekur futur
Corey cream is VICCO sandalwood

Top Bottom