What's new

New member from dubai.

Hello everybody! hope you are all enjoying your shaves! i am new here at B&B but i have been wet shaving with a shavette since i was 16 and last year on my 21st birthday i started shaving with a straight razor on a daily basis. however, i would like to try a DE razor, being based in dubai it is hard to find traditional shaving supplies, i have always ordered my supplies from the states. but i was wondering if DE razors are available in dubai? i have occasionally lurked here and have found that there are quite a few members from dubai here. i would appreciate help regarding the shaving supplies here as overseas shipping is generally expensive. so as i said, i would appreciate any help from you folks here :)

take care all, and happy shaving!

Welcome to B&B!! Cool, I just got a sample of Calani Dubai shave soap.... smells wonderful. Pick a puck up if you get a chance.

Ben

Welcome ! It may be hard to find traditional shaving supplies in Dubai , but for sure,the best supply of quality bakhoor on earth !

Welcome to Badger and Blade, unfortunately I have no ideas on where to pick up gear in Dubai as ive never been, But I hope you find an answer at least from a better online place to keep shipping costs down, I know there are a bunch of german or UK based sellers, but dont know if that would be any better on shipping for you

Have fun, DEs are great shavers, very different then a straight blade

Hi NeHal, welcome to B&B!

I, too, have no info about local supplies in Dubai, since I'm located in the US. However, as you mentioned, there are some members here from your neck of the woods. Hopefully, one of them will be along with some local hot spots for you to try.

When you get the time, head over to our Hall of Fame and introduce yourself. Enjoy your time here, happy shaves and once again, WELCOME!!

Welcome to B&B! Unfortunately, I have no information on where to find supplies in your part of the world, however like mentioned above, I'm sure you'll find some info around here sooner or later. Tons of helpful members from all over the world! :thumbup1:

Very poor variety here except blades.

Youll find Feathers, Derby, Astra SPs , Bick and virtually any blade you want for dirt cheap.

For soap/cream there is Penhaligon's and L'Occitane.

No razor , brush or anything else here.

I order my stuff online (lees razors and bull & goose so far).

thankyou everybody for the help and tips! i find it very disappointing to be honest for the lack of traditional wet shaving products here, but it might be appropriate since the citizens here usually get their shavers at a barbershop. i have been to Penhaligon's, L'Occitine and Crabtree here at dubai mall. at the moment Penhaligon's and L'Occitine were out of sandalwood soaps so i picked one up from Crabtree and i wasnt disappointed. Crabtree also had a few badger brushes, but they all had small knots and were expensive, VERY expensive. i am also aware of the variety of DE blades here, i have used the gillete &' o clocks with my shavette. anyways i really appreciate the warm welcome and the help you guys have provided here! anyways, if i do find something here i will make sure to share it. also, where might i find Calani Dubai shave soap?

Calani Dubai is made in Germany (!) so you will need to buy online...my job took me to Sharjah for meetings a few months ago, I usually travel with my DE and blades, but I forgot the blades that time and I found cheap ones easily in Sharjah near the 'old town' area. When I started this hobby not so long ago, after lurking on B&B, looked like their was a good consensus on Merkur HD or its long handle version or Edwin Jagger 89, if you want to buy a razor quickly maybe try to decide for one and ask on the buy/sell page if someone in the country has one for you if you want to limit the costs. I started with the Merkur long handle '180' and liked it, then the HD and liked it too. Welcome and good luck in your search!

Calani Dubai is made in Germany (!) so you will need to buy online...my job took me to Sharjah for meetings a few months ago, I usually travel with my DE and blades, but I forgot the blades that time and I found cheap ones easily in Sharjah near the 'old town' area. When I started this hobby not so long ago, after lurking on B&B, looked like their was a good consensus on Merkur HD or its long handle version or Edwin Jagger 89, if you want to buy a razor quickly maybe try to decide for one and ask on the buy/sell page if someone in the country has one for you if you want to limit the costs. I started with the Merkur long handle '180' and liked it, then the HD and liked it too. Welcome and good luck in your search!

so i guess its back to online shopping for now! i actually prefer buying from the states since usps express mail international offers a very fast service and the packaging is also well prepared, whatever i have bought has arrived on the third day after being shipped. shipping from europe is much cheaper and arrives within a week or two but i have never seen a service that can compare to usps express mail. i have always heard good about the brands you have mentioned along with muhle (sp?) for now i really dont know which DE to purchase but what i know is it would be pretty basic since i only want to try a DE. obviously when it comes to DE the blade plays most of the part but i think the razor itself contributes to the grip, balance and weight which is also crucial. i will try to further my research though and question my findings here. thankyou and happy shaving!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Dubai is one of those places my wife would love to visit soon or later. And I can only agree, the pics I've seen are simply fantastic. Welcome aboard, Sir.

Hello and Welcome,
Nice to see a fellow arab in B&B, it's extremely hard to find a decent DE razor here in MidEast and few cream selections like nivea and supermax, Caola only sold in selected areas.

Welcome! The subject line jumped out at me as I've spent some time in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Al Ain when I was doing work for Tabreed back around 2000. Dubai has changed so much since I've been there. I'd love to get back there some time.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Salam Alaikum
proxy.php
NeHal 'ex-patting' in Abu Dubai, United Arab Emirates ("A Destination of Distinction...Yeah Baby!!!).
proxy.php

Welcome aboard the B & B (besides being enrolled in the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Shavedom). Please feel free to come up to the promenade / sun deck &
'sit-a-spell'.
proxy.php

Sounds like your off to a great start and (on your way to shaving nirvana and the Zen of Shaving [http://zenhabits.net/the-zen-of-shaving-how-a-double-edge-razor-can-change-your-life/),yes...this Forum has the knowledge, ideas, and all around 'know-how' to assist in your Wet-Shaving experience. In a nut-shell...your 'gonna' love it here.
Since your'e a Str8 Razor shaver (and hats
proxy.php
off to you...I'm too nervous to try myself
proxy.php
), this Thread entitled
"The Interactive Guide to Straight Razor Shaving" (http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/Inter..._Razor_Shaving) maybe of great interest to you and is very informative (which I'm sure you've already read). :thumbsup:

And please don't forget The 7 P's of Shaving...Prepare, Patience, Pressure, Practice, Persistence, Post shave and Passion (http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/313490-New-Members!-The-6-P-s-of-Shaving).

Although, you may not be additted yet (I think I'm holding up fairly well...with a few exceptions), because we all suffer (gladly and are doomed perhaps), from this shaving complusion (and other Acquisition Disorders), because at times..."Resistance is futile".
proxy.php

"Lead us not into temptation. Just tell us where it is; we'll find it". Sam Levenson $dubai_thumb.jpg
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Don't worry about the [cuts, weepers and] nicks and pick up your life...forget all the bad things, the pain and the strife". Author Unknown

Last edited:
Top Bottom