What's new

New Mach 3 commercial

They missed a trick

Attachments

• $bluray3d.jpg
    $bluray3d.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 184
I saw this last night as well, and was confused. I don't ever recall Gilette advertising a razor that was not the newest offering. This may be in response to folks complaining about the outrageous cartridge prices.

Bingo.

Checked Costco for M3 carts as an alternative to the Fu$ion cart$ I use to shave my head.

Bulk pack of M3 Turbo carts - Unit price $1.92
Bulk pack of M3 Disposables - Unit price $1.82

Same story at Sam's except their carts were not M3 Turbo and their price was $1.99/$1.89

FYI, for those who are interested in an alternative to the Gillette Fu$ion:

Sam's Club has a 25-pack of Gillette Sensor Excel for $39.88 ($1.60 each).

Thanks,
Mike

Bingo.

Checked Costco for M3 carts as an alternative to the Fu$ion cart$ I use to shave my head.

Bulk pack of M3 Turbo carts - Unit price $1.92
Bulk pack of M3 Disposables - Unit price $1.82

Same story at Sam's except their carts were not M3 Turbo and their price was $1.99/$1.89

Well, that DLC coating is pretty worthless because Fusions last me exactly three shaves. The same number of shaves I get from Wilky Sword carts.

I have both mach III and fusion, weird that they are going backwards unless fusion isn't selling!!!

FYI, for those who are interested in an alternative to the Gillette Fu$ion:
Sam's Club has a 25-pack of Gillette Sensor Excel for $39.88 ($1.60 each).

I'm sticking with the M3. I've got a nice handle for it and with the M3 carts being almost a buck cheaper than the Fusion carts, I'm happy.
It's only for shaving the noggin.

Well, that DLC coating is pretty worthless because Fusions last me exactly three shaves. The same number of shaves I get from Wilky Sword carts.

Odd... I've always been able to get a full week of face and head out of the Fusion. I could go longer now that I'm just shaving my head with them and using straights on my face, but I just change the cart every Sunday night out of habit.

I have both mach III and fusion, weird that they are going backwards unless fusion isn't selling!!!

Seems they really pushed the Fusion last couple of months with the combo pack with the full groomer package.
The economy has been in the toilet and the customers are pushing back.

Sir Nix - Gillette has both Mach 3 disposable razors and the various Mach 3 disposable cartridge razors. I don't recall them ever advertising the disposable razors, just the carts. Which do you have?

We have the disposables - it is one piece. My wife shaves her legs with them.

The way high def blades work is that they can shave 1080 whiskers. Old fashioned regular blades can only shave 480 whiskers.
In a way the above makes as much or more sense than the commercial, whether it is viewed in 1080i or 480i.

I tried an M3 for a while, because it was a gift, along with some extra carrtridges. I did not have a developed technique at the time, but the way the thing pivoted sucked for shaving the upper lip. The Atra and its Wilkinson equivalent, the System II, is the cartridge I used the longest, until the Wilkinsons disappeared from the market and the Atras started to get pricey. I found one NOS Wilk System II in an old travel bag, and have been using it sporadically on a Gillette Vector handle. With better lather and technique than in days of old, a DFS is not that difficult.

One thing I saw for sure on a trip to Wal Mart yesterday: There is limited space in the upper left corner of the display for Wilkinson DE blades and the Wilkinson-atra equivalent cartridges. The Wilkinson cartridges were sold out, while there were plenty of Gillette Atra and Trac II cartridges available, at more than four times the price, along with all kinds of Fusions, M3's, and Sensors.

I can't seem to find a link to the commercial. For anybody who's interested, below is a snip from their website that shows us what coatings are being used. Notice the "diamond-like" carbon. :lol: Sounds like something related to pleather?

$Gillette.jpg

I'd love to sit in on one of their marketing meetings. Think they laugh at what they can get people to buy into? I would say their pitching of 3 blades rather 4, 5 or 6 is a step in the right direction... but not when it takes 4 coatings to make the sale.

The 4 coatings thing is interesting to me... we all know for a fact that coating the blades in different ways makes them perform better/differently.

Top Bottom