What's new

New look MDC..

Email from Martin de Candre today. Website has had an ‘update’ and shaving soaps new labels.
https://savonnerie-martin-de-candre.com/en/

as a massive MdC fan I’m not overly impressed I’m sorry to say. At least the soap itself will be unchanged.

Also the website seems to load pretty slowly too. The menu system not very iPad friendly either. Not tried on my desktop yet.

I'm not overly impressed either! I think the French flag is a good addition, but the rest of the colors are unnecessary. Like you said, at least the soap remains the same!

I'm not overly impressed either! I think the French flag is a good addition, but the rest of the colors are unnecessary. Like you said, at least the soap remains the same!
Yeah the French flag is good. The single bright colour though not as classy as the plant drawings on the special editions.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
I just had a look with the link and it was slow to load on my normal computer. Also I cannot read French, he has some very interesting products. Thanks for sharing.

I don't like it at all. Their old packaging design was very classy because of its simplicity. It had a certain old-world charm that fit nicely with the idea of a family business in some quaint village in France, skillfully crafting the finest soap money can buy. Now it looks commercialized, as if the soap was fresh off of a production line in a huge factory. At the end of the day, it's the soap that matters, but with the price point, availability, and "luxury status" that some people ascribe MdC, I do care about presentation.

I don't like it at all. Their old packaging design was very classy because of its simplicity. It had a certain old-world charm that fit nicely with the idea of a family business in some quaint village in France, skillfully crafting the finest soap money can buy. Now it looks commercialized, as if the soap was fresh off of a production line in a huge factory. At the end of the day, it's the soap that matters, but with the price point, availability, and "luxury status" that some people ascribe MdC, I do care about presentation.
Yep exactly how I feel about it. Lost it’s old world charm.
Oh well, the presentation really matters to me too, fortunately as the soap is so good I will still buy more when required.

I just ordered the Fougere, when it gets here I'll wrap some duct tape around it to conceal the shame. Tradition is dead.

I don’t love it but I don’t hate it. When my jar of Agrumes is done I’ll pop for a jar of fougere. The soap is great.

They are nice looking. Still, I agree with others who have said the older labels were classier and looked less like a mass-produced soap.

martym

Unacceptably Lasering Chicken Giblets?
I’ve got a PIF going in the shaving soap forum. It’s for a brand new jar of MdC!

Top Bottom