What's new

New look MDC..

Mine arrived today in the new packaging, lovely presentation with more of the best soap on earth. I'm gonna be ok.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
When you use up an older jar, scoop the new stuff out into the older jar. Problem solved.

Cheers, Steve

B&M shaving soap seems to change its design yearly. MdC has a new lid, but I have a funny feeling that it's the same old soap. That is, fougere - in a few different configurations. I don't display my shaving soap, so the design doesn't mean much to me.

I'll go ahead and buck the trend here and state that I prefer the new packaging. The glass jars were a nice touch, but we all know that glass doesn't stand up to international travel as well as plastic. Prettier labeling aside, the jars are just as thick and robust but less susceptible to breakage. Still classy imo. And yes, I'm sure I'm the only one here who'll admit to having received a box of glass shards with their soap, but I'm not the only one out there. MdC made the right move.

I'll go ahead and buck the trend here and state that I prefer the new packaging. The glass jars were a nice touch, but we all know that glass doesn't stand up to international travel as well as plastic. Prettier labeling aside, the jars are just as thick and robust but less susceptible to breakage. Still classy imo. And yes, I'm sure I'm the only one here who'll admit to having received a box of glass shards with their soap, but I'm not the only one out there. MdC made the right move.
:001_huh: They moved to the heavy plastic jars ages ago. That’s not what’s new. Just the label designs.

The glass jars were a nice touch, but we all know that glass doesn't stand up to international travel as well as plastic.

Huh? Whenever I order from MdC, they go totally overboard with the packaging. There is almost no way you could break the old glass jars in the packaging they ship in.

The reason they switched to crystal PET some time back was that their supplier increased the minimum order on the glass jars, and they don't buy in high enough quantity to justify the cost.

I should’ve clarified something. One time, I ordered soap in “Le Beurrier” form and the lid was shattered at some point in transit. Like you, I too never received a broken jar so maybe you’re right about the jars never breaking. I think I just assumed that other glass containers were equally susceptible to breakage, but I still prefer plastic though; less likelihood of my bathroom's ceramic tiles getting cracked if the jar were to fall.
Huh? Whenever I order from MdC, they go totally overboard with the packaging. There is almost no way you could break the old glass jars in the packaging they ship in.

The reason they switched to crystal PET some time back was that their supplier increased the minimum order on the glass jars, and they don't buy in high enough quantity to justify the cost.

Top Bottom